Tee with left-hand inlet for kitchen?

Users who are viewing this thread

fbacher

Reaction score
We are replacing kitchen cabinets, the wall is open and I'm tired of unplugging my baffle-T. I want to change to two drain lines with separate traps, etc. My choices seem to be to add a branch vent and horizontal drain OR to use one of these double tees that are at right angles to each other http://dar.proflo.com/darmanager/Query?PRODUCT_ID=165491&USE_TYPE=ZOOM_IMAGE. All openings in this tee are 2".

The existing waste line is 2" and the vent is 1.5". If I understand the UPC correctly I can have both basins drain into the above double-Tee via separate traps and 1.5" drain lines. Exit from the tee will be 2".

Does this sound reasonable?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
A picky inspectore might turn down that fitting because the "left hand" opening does not have a sweep to the connection. The right hand one does. In any case, that might be the last fitting I would use because there should be many ways to do it better.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks