Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
LOL, yup, it is extremely expensive. That is why I never argue resin first or last, it is like arguing sports, rarely does anybody change their mind.
Due to the expense I think protecting the Centaur is more important than protecting the much less expensive resin.

Some guys swear the water tastes better if you put the GAC after the resin and since the resin is cleaned with the salt, it should go first, others argue the need to protect the resin.
It sounds to me that those guys are not end user consumers, that they selling carbon etc..

I find GAC to be highly resilient, and since it is typically on a scheduled changeout, I prefer to let it take the first hit and damage and to change it on a regular schedule.
That's not true of DIYers but is of dealers that want a steady income and convince their uninformed residential customers it's needed.

If you are chlorinating, then I would definetly recommend GAC first. Even my own softener system has the KDF and GAC after the resin. I used a 10% crosslink resin to handle the municipal water supplies chlorine. My system has the GAC after the resin due to design limitations. This may change in the future when I redesign a new system for my house.
You sure like to talk about yourself and your nonstandard "research" equipment and way of installing it but that doesn't help the OP.