Ventilation Fan Replacement - Size Problem

Users who are viewing this thread

golfer99

Reaction score
I am looking at replacing the NuTone 667RN (http://www.nutone.com/PDF/InstallGuides/667RNins87574.pdf) currently installed in our shower. I removed the grill to see what size hole was already in our ceiling and found it to be massive compared to other fans I have looked at. The inside housing for the fan is 9x9, but the circular hole cut in the ceiling is a full 13 1/8 inches in diameter. Most of the replacement fans I had been looking at are square or rectangular holes and they are several inches smaller than what is already cut. What are my options here? If I find a fan motor that would fit inside the current housing, can I stick it in there and leave the existing grill to cover the hole in the ceiling? If not, are my only choices to either find a huge fan that would also cover this hole or to patch the ceiling around a smaller fan?

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 818
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks