Static Level

Users who are viewing this thread

Smith333

Reaction score
This spring I made note that our Sta-Rite 10p40D02J submersible had a max production of 7.5 gpm at 46psi. The well is 300ft, casing is 6" steel, the pump is set at 165', and the static level was last determined to be 75ft (years ago). Over the past three days I used approximately 2500 gallons for irrigation, which is the most severe demand this well has had in its 35+ year existence. After I was finished, the pump was still producing 7.5 gpm at 46 psi. Does this indicate that the static level has not dropped despite this extreme usage?

TJanak

Reaction score
I water my yard with soaker hoses for eight hours per location each night. Takes me eight nights and uses somewhere between 24000 and 30000 gallons. This puts out equivalent to 3" of irrigation and lasts two weeks or so, depending on the summer heat. Sandy loam soil.

I wouldn't worry about 2500 gallons unless you have a very low producing well.

Others can answer your question better.

Smith333

Reaction score
Wow, that really puts things in perspective. Normally around here we don't have to irrigate on a regular basis, but this year we're experiencing record heat and dryness that is really stressing younger transplanted trees. We had to lower our pump once many years ago, but haven't had any issues since. Hopefully that won't change despite this relatively larger demand.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks