Happy 4th of July !

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I hope everyone has a safe and happy 4th of July.

Please drink and don't drive.

And be careful hooking up your electrolytic capacitors reverse polarity or too the AC line just because you have no firecrackers.

DonL

Cookie

Reaction score
I actually saw a first today. I was working at that miserable part time job I got, and, a customer, upon leaving thanked me for working today on a holiday! I was surprised by the gratitude and felt oh so appreciated.

I saw fire works earlier today. I had to take off the splint, on the finger, actually, the works, to work the computer at work, and, I saw these brilliant stars when I slammed my finger into the drawer. :) I saw them for a long, long time.

On a good note, the finger went numb and is still numb, so, I was able to knock out typing a report at home pretty fast and easy. I don't know if this is a good sign, plus, 1/2 the nail got pulled up when I hit it. But, it is only a finger. I got 9 more.

I would recommend going to a park to see them.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
I actually saw a first today. I was working at that miserable part time job I got, and, a customer, upon leaving thanked me for working today on a holiday! I was surprised by the gratitude and felt oh so appreciated.

I saw fire works earlier today. I had to take off the splint, on the finger, actually, the works, to work the computer at work, and, I saw these brilliant stars when I slammed my finger into the drawer. :) I saw them for a long, long time.

On a good note, the finger went numb and is still numb, so, I was able to knock out typing a report at home pretty fast and easy. I don't know if this is a good sign, plus, 1/2 the nail got pulled up when I hit it. But, it is only a finger. I got 9 more.

I would recommend going to a park to see them.

Sounds like you had a good day.

I made ribs on the grill and had watermelon.

Watched fireworks on TV and did not have to fight Mosquitoes.

I did miss the big bang booms tho, The neighbors provided those late into the night.

Cookie

Reaction score
I bought my son ribs and then, tasted them, they were horrible. So, on my travels today, I took them back. While standing there waiting my turn, this really cute little ole' man was returning his store bought ribs. Then, I mosied-up with mine. My son went out with friends for dinner after tasting those ribs, and, let's see, what I did make for me. Thinking... I had orange sherbet, that was yummy, Oh, I shared a can of tuna with my cats. We dined together. :) They are very good company. That was it. I am not a very good eater. I got this stomach thing. Tonight I had lowfat vanilla yogurt and water. Oh, wait, I also had a great slice of spinach white pizza yesterday, my son bought us a pizza. That was fantastic.

I didn't see one "real" firework. I think, it is the first time in my life that I hadn't. I had to much work to do and it is slow with this finger. I hate my finger being messed up. Tomorrow the surgeon. The swelling is down alot but, it is really bad looking, bad meaning the color to it, is gruesome. Not a good shade of green under the nail which is more than halfway popped up now. I hit it again today, because I had a tree fall in the back, and I couldn't leave it there forever. And I laid some carpeting in the hallway and working a utility knive was hilarious! Even the cats watching knew better, they were staying at a distance. lol. Thomas has long whiskers and Bob likes his tail. But, the stuff I needed to do is done, moving the tree and cutting it up, stacking it, the carpeting and all the reports I needed to do. So, I only work Sat, I got a little time to get better. A day works. It is better than nothing. :)

I have not see a mosquitoe. But, to be honest I am my own Cintronella candle. Mosquitoes just buzz around me, they don't land anymore, not even on my arms. I think they know one bite and I am deadly to them. lol. I have been on so many chemo agents that they can either smell it or something. So, when camping or sitting outside, I am everyone's buddy. Everyone wants to sit by me and reap the one benefit of having fought the big C. I am bug proof.

I had an okay holiday, it sounds like you did, too. I volunteer to work the 4th, it is no big deal to me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks