Michael Jackson juice

Users who are viewing this thread

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
I won't belabor the point; over the last 2 1/2 weeks, undergoing a phalanx of testing, I have been given so much MJ juice that I have come to appreciate why he liked it so much! Mine of course was in hospital, hooked up every which way to wires and whatever, and an anesthesiologist in attendance! Fast forward: today was my first day of chemotherapy. It is a course of treatment expected to run for 6 months. I get 5 hours in the chair at the hospital every other monday, and come home and get hooked to a fanny pack pump which runs 48 hours.

I will be less active on the forum, but as long as I can get to the keyboard, I will try to stay in touch!!!

Wish me well.

JohnjH2o1

Plumbing Contractor for 49 years
Reaction score
Hope it works out for you jimbo. Keep in touch and let us know how things are going.

John

Cookie

Reaction score
I am sorry to hear this Jim, and I more than wish you well, I am confident you will be. I know your wife would agree with me on this.

Just some tidbits of advice here. Let your kids do for you, let them shower you with attention and love and gifts. ( go for the good stuff, lol.) You will always remember the "first" time but, I promise you with each time, it gets smoother; the first time with anything is never, easy. Ask my first bf, I mean doctor. Don't be a hero if necessary go for the pain meds and enjoy that moment. Watch some really old funny movies or newer funny movies and laugh your fanny pack off.

Eat well, but, I would not take any vitamins. Vitamins strengthen the entire cell and can sabatoge the effects of the chemo.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/318898-vitamins-cancer-chemotherapy/

xoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
A couple of things about chemo.

When you're done, you hair should grow in better. Bonus!

Memory; Yeah..........something about memory and chemo........Oh yeah! You can get a little forgetful for up to two years after you are finished with it. You're not getting old quickly, you're just feeling the temporary affects of the chemo and what it does to memory.

The Cancer Card
You can play this with friends and family. Playing this card can bring surprising effects when it comes to favors and visits. My two oldest kids joined my coed softball team for two years during my journey through therapy. That was fun.

Knowledge
This experience will open up your eyes to those around you. It's like having the veil lifted to the world, seeing people as they are, not how they were when they were young. I find myself parking farther away in parking lots, letting those that struggle with their energy have the better parking spaces. There were times shopping, that I needed help emptying the grocery cart onto the conveyor belt. Now I'm loading up 110 pound toilets in peoples cars. But for a while, lifting anything was a struggle.

Hopefully, you pull through this just fine and get to enjoy more years with your family. Be strong.

Cookie

Reaction score
Before I forget (Terry the man is right) or incase, you don't know, Salad Bars, are a no-no. The chemo will probably take your counts down and the last thing you will need is someone else's germs from those tongs people touch over and over, and even with a sneeze bar plastic cover, it is still too germy. If you like raw fish or seafood, that is also out. When all said and done you can get back to eating like you would like to.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
Thank you very much Terry for the encouraging thoughts,
Yes, cookie they already gave us the low down about eating out, etc. My wife was already a paranoid clean freak, so she will take care of me! When the visiting nurse came to hook me up , she was somewhat surprised as my wife inspected how she washed her hands, then made her put on shoe booties and an outer gown!

Cookie

Reaction score
Thank you very much Terry for the encouraging thoughts,
Yes, cookie they already gave us the low down about eating out, etc. My wife was already a paranoid clean freak, so she will take care of me! When the visiting nurse came to hook me up , she was somewhat surprised as my wife inspected how she washed her hands, then made her put on shoe booties and an outer gown!

That is great! My husband was the same way, he cleaned everything for me. Back when I was first dx'd they didn't tell patients all the inns & outs sometimes because their was not enough of data to suppport things. So, I was eating shrimp, eating at salad bars and couldn't figure out where and why I was getting infections, it is so great that things have changed since the 90's. Since then, doctors and nurses are much more proactive with patients, at least most are. It is amazing how much is learned everyday. Back in the 90's they were still telling chemo patients to drink vitamin C mega drinks, with some serious consequences. I am glad to hear you already knew these things and I only stated them, just incase because I care. Your nurse by the way should be wearing gloves for her protection as well, much better too, than just relying on hand washing.

Take care.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks