(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Strange question..maybe. Combining wires from two circuts

Yuor hopeless...must be the way you treat your customers based on that fancy pretty yellow trailer you live in...my shed is half the size of that thing.....later..aint comin back here to stupidsville.....bye ...

Electrical Contractor/Instructor jwelectric's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MassGuy2 View Post
    Yuor hopeless...must be the way you treat your customers based on that fancy pretty yellow trailer you live in...my shed is half the size of that thing.....later..aint comin back here to stupidsville.....bye ...
    Does this look like a yellow trailer?

Does this mean you aren't coming to visit like you promised?
    Last edited by jwelectric; 07-03-2012 at 09:31 AM. Reason: removed picture

General Engineering Contractor ballvalve's Avatar

In case anyone wants to answer his question instead of insult him, He needs a FRANKLIN PUMPTEK or at the very least a 15$ low pressure cut out switch for the pressure switch.

The pumptek will turn back on when water comes back, the switch means he must manually reset it. He wanted to SAVE the pump, not watch a light 24-7.

Where should the hillbilly aim his drone missile at?
    Last edited by Terry; 07-02-2012 at 10:07 AM. Reason: Added link

Forum Admin, Expert Plumber Terry's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I would rather have my home wired by jwelectric then by a homeowner.

Ballvalve, I added the link to the pumptek

As long as water comes out of the pipe at the end, I'm good. I quit doing electrical when I was getting shocked installing a bath fan. I think that one had some mixed up wires too.

DIY Senior Member Homeownerinburb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ballvalve View Post
    He wanted to SAVE the pump, not watch a light 24-7.
    Which, as an electrician, reminds me that at times the customer needs a plumber, not an electrician. This accessory to the pump is obscure to me, but then we have no wells in this territory.

I got lots of respect for plumbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    I would rather have my home wired by jwelectric then by a homeowner.
    Hey! I resemble that remark!

Hehehhe. I just love people being cautious around electricity. Keeps the business going!

Its plain and simple...you were direspectful in you original reply so you got what you deserved...when someone asks a question dont treat it like its the stupidest thing you ever heard...answer as unadvisable...not sarcasm!!
    Wow. Thin skin. Your suggestion to run the wire as you did exposed a deep ignorance of one of the most basic tenets of electrical practice. Electrical fire erupt because people do things like that, and enormous electromagnetic fields thought to harm living organisms form.

So JW told you how it is.

JW has helped me several times, advised me well. Once he was brusque with me because we disagree about the use of a certain testing tool. I tried not to wet myself over the rebuke.

Oh, and in future, use more exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That way we will know you mean it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Electrical Contractor/Instructor jwelectric's Avatar

In case anyone wants to answer his question instead of insult him, He needs a FRANKLIN PUMPTEK or at the very least a 15$ low pressure cut out switch for the pressure switch.

The pumptek will turn back on when water comes back, the switch means he must manually reset it. He wanted to SAVE the pump, not watch a light 24-7.

Where should the hillbilly aim his drone missile at?
    Best advice of the whole thread; wish I had knowledge about plumbing but alas I know electrical.

I donít think anyone has insulted him. He made the comment that he wired his home so one would think that he had enough knowledge to install an indicator lamp.
    What he purposed was to say the least illegal as well as dangerous. This would leave a seasoned veteran in the electrical trade to wonder how his installation was made
    Just want to clarify...wanted to tap to one of the two 110 lines feeding control box...not a 220 line complete..and on feed side theres 2 feeds so thought getting a neutral from another source just to run a small indacator light...i wired most of the house when remodeled so have some idea on wiring just dont know if this would interfere with feed to pump...appreciate your replies ActionDave..
    Having been questioned on this type of set up more times than I care to count the same question of placement comes into play. One solution is to put an audible alarm instead of a bulb such as I have installed for gates. This would be annoying for a pump. Then the problem of monitoring the lamp as there are times that no one will be seeing to know if it is on or not.

Then I made the comment how this lamp would affect the depth of the water in the well. The lamp would not stop the pump from running if there was no water and no one was monitoring the lamp.

I donít think any word was insulting but someone sure did as my inbox is about full. If I did insult my apology as it was not meant to be an insult but simply facts.

Then we have the hero of the day come with some good advice which I thank you for. Wish I knew more about plumbing. The jest of my knowledge is; cold on the left, hot on the right, waste goes downhill, Friday is pay day, and the boss is a son of a fine fellow.

ONE big error repeated a few times above: NEVER call a plumber about a pump. Thats like calling the electrician to design and build trusses. One must call a WELL DRILLER or dedicated well pump serviceman. At least in Ca. they get a seperate license category. A good pump man has [needs] the knowledge of about 4 specialty licenses.

Then we have the hero of the day come with some good advice which I thank you for. Wish I knew more about plumbing. The jest of my knowledge is; cold on the left, hot on the right, waste goes downhill, Friday is pay day, and the boss is a son of a fine fellow
    I might add that the pumptek only works on submersible pumps. Have to go with overheat devices or the low pressure cut out if its a jet type pump.

Plumbers should be reserved to get those last few sentences working for you. Keep him out of your pumphouse!
    Last edited by ballvalve; 07-08-2012 at 05:08 PM.

ONE big error repeated a few times above: NEVER call a plumber about a pump.
    Huh. OK. As I wrote, there is no demand for pumps within tens if not a hundred miles from me.

Thanks for clearing that up.

"Well"..... Just in case.... if Los angeles ever gets a pump, call the pump guy.

"Well"..... Just in case.... if Los angeles ever gets a pump, call the pump guy.
    One would need to be mad as a hatter to pump up this aquifer, unless one had a massive water plant to clean it up.

But I'll remember your advice.