(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: no water

Default no water

I don't know much about wells. My husband always took care of that. He died. I'm lost.
    I have 2 wells and a 500 gallon tank on my water system. The PumpTec box controls everything. When I turn on the pump #1, I hear a motor running. The Power light on the box is lit solid. No water is going to the tank. I just discovered wet ground and half the water in my tank is gone. Can anyone help me? Or does anyone know an honest professional in my area that doesn't take advantage of a single woman who is unfamiliar with anything mechanical or electrical? I live in Catheys Valley, CA. A small town in the foothills going up to Yosemite National Park. Near Merced, Fresno, Modesto. Thank you.

Probably just have a break in the underground line. Maybe a plumber could fix it if you know one you trust. He could at least tell you if you really need a pump man or not.

Default no water

Quote Originally Posted by valveman View Post
    Probably just have a break in the underground line. Maybe a plumber could fix it if you know one you trust. He could at least tell you if you really need a pump man or not.

Thank you so much for your reply. I guess my first job is to start digging and find the leak, right? I wonder where I should start digging. Where the ground is the wettest? Or where I first saw the water puddle? Or around the spigot that turns on the hose, which is the only place water was turned on. I suppose the leak could be anywhere? Then when I do find it, I will have to have someone fix it if I can't figure out how to fix it myself. Am I heading in the right direction?

There are companies with leak detection equipment that could help pinpoint the leak. My leak detector is a shovel. I just start at the most wet spot and work my way out until I find the leak.

And I'll bet they charge a pretty penny to come and use that detection equipment too. So, I guess I'll start digging. My wet ground is partly under my trailer. Any hints on how to shovel under there? Use a short shovel?

Quote Originally Posted by carolbalzano View Post
    And I'll bet they charge a pretty penny to come and use that detection equipment too. So, I guess I'll start digging. My wet ground is partly under my trailer. Any hints on how to shovel under there? Use a short shovel?
    Yeah and a short shovel operator.

Default no water

Quote Originally Posted by valveman View Post
    Yeah and a short shovel operator.
    hehe. I'll be going back up to my place toward the end of this month, July....to start digging. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for all your help. Carole.