Help!!! Single Bathroom sink to Dual bathroom sink drain

Users who are viewing this thread

JayJay18

Reaction score
untitled.JPG

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Im trying to figure out how to properly drain two bathrooms sinks from one existing sink.
The diagram shows where the drain and vent stack come from in the wall and show the dual vanity setup i am going to have.
The issue is all work has to be done inside the wall, which is not load bearing, because i have a drawer system in the middle that will not allow any plumbing from one side to the other.
I need to know what are my options and if any of the options i have on the diagram will work.
I live in Canada, if that will help with code issues.

Thanks

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
option 1 is acceptable as a wet vent set-up as long as the piping between the trap and vent of second(furthest from vent) sink meet wet venting requirements...except you need to use a Y not a TY for first sink

Last edited:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I am not sure about Canadian codes, but neither would be acceptable here, because they both have the right hand sink flowing past the left hand one' s connection without a vent for the left hand one. We would have to lower the horizontal line and install a vent for the left hand sink, which could then vent the right hand one.

MikePlummer

Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
sorry, meant option 2...as for requirements... distance within 1.5m between trap and vent...not more than 135deg. change in direction, not more than 1 pip size diam fall...etc... refer to plumbing code book for all requirements

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks