An easy question.

Users who are viewing this thread

nola000

Reaction score
Didnt get any answers on my last post so I thought I would simplify the image and query.

Are 3" wyes acceptable in this situation?

untitled.jpg

nola000

Reaction score
Yall are great.

I was going to use a 3x3x3x2 left side outlet sanitary tee, a street 45 and then a wye with a cleanout.

Does that sound right?

nola000

Reaction score
hj - would a "wye-1/8th(combination)" with the "left-out-sant-tee" on top be taller, shorter or the same height overall vs. a "wye + 45" with a "left-out-sant-tee" on top? Im having clearance issues so I need something that is really compact in height. Part of the reason I dont want to use 4" fittings.

Also, in general, is there any difference in performance between a "wye-1/8th(combination)" vs. a "wye + 45"?

I would think a "wye + 45" is better since there is a longer sweep which gets the waste flowing in the right direction for a longer time helping it downhill whereas a "wye-1/8th(combination)" would be more likely to "plop" it down like a regular sanitary tee in that configuration. Is this correct logic?

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks