Toto Aimes and Toto Legato

Users who are viewing this thread

andym

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with or knowledge of these two toilets? They look almost the same. In fact I am not sure what the difference is.

So many of the one-piece Toto toilets seem small. These two seem a bit bigger (seat and bowl) which we prefer.

Ideally I'd also like something that's quiet. Is the cyclone flush known to be louder than the other types of flushes in the Toto line?

Any info would be most appreciated. This will be the first time I've ever bought a toilet. It's for a summer house that's on private sewer but not private water.

Thanks!

legato_02.jpg

TOTO Legato

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
With a few exceptions, seat size is pretty standard across the entire toilet industry. Totos are relatively quiet, but do often gurgle when the siphon is broken at the end of the flush (nearly all toilets do that). Toto doesn't make a pressure assisted flush toilet, but if you were to choose one of those, they can be quite loud.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
I don't know the history, but neither the Aimes nor the Legato are listed on Terry's web site, and I do not recall either of them being mentioned before. There certainly are a number of Toto toilets to chose from, and all of them perform well. Seat sizes are quite standard. There are 3 common heights to choose from; standard, comfort, and ADA. There is only a slight difference in the latter two. Jim pretty well covered the noise question. The obvious difference between two piece and one piece toilets is the one piece tanks set lower, and they are easier to clean.

OK, I did a web search and found both the Aimes and Legato. The appear to be toward the top of the line, more expensive than many but not as expensive as some. They are skirted which is a cleaning plus. I believe the cyclone flush is a tad better than others.

Last edited:

Pixment

Reaction score
We're looking at replacing three toilets. Skirted, unifit, CEFIONTECT - great. Leaning toward Soiree after reading the posts on the forums. Now that Legato has been out a few months, does anyone have experiences/reviews of it? Andym, did you pick Legato? Hows the performance and bowl wash - critical for our household.

legato_01.jpg

TOTO Legato

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks