Need help identifying faucets

Users who are viewing this thread

MEYLIN

Reaction score
See photos of mini widespread and 8 inch widespread faucets. Any help identifying the manufacturer would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• P1010625.jpg
    P1010625.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 341
  • P1010635.jpg
    P1010635.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 319

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
Those designs are almost generic with the various "custom" manufacturers. They could be California Brass, Artistic Brass, or any of a dozen other brands, many of them out of business. A photo of the stem will often identify who made the basic unit, but not always who added the artistic design to it.

MEYLIN

Reaction score
See attached photos of faucet stems. Any idea who made the basic unit?

Attachments

• P1010651.jpg
    P1010651.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 321
  • P1010653.jpg
    P1010653.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 312

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
In the lower photo, the spout reminds me of American Standard Jasmine, but I don't think the handles are right for that. The cartridge could be AS, similar to 994053-0070A

MEYLIN

Reaction score
After months of research, I may have found the manufacturer of the widespread stems... Brasstech Faucet Part (FLU-4685 and 4686). My question is whether I can replace faucets with a trim kit made by Brass Tech?

Attachments

• FLU-4686.jpg
    FLU-4686.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 250

MEYLIN

Reaction score
Plan would be to replace entire faucet on two sinks and roman tub. Replacing valve on the roman tub would be difficult and requires removing tile. Would a Newport Brass trim kit work on existing valve?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The core problem is that most of those Roman tub spouts are integral with the deck, ( unless it is secured with an Allen screw on the back of it), and can only be changed by accessing the area underneath the deck which would reqire tile removal. The sinks can use ANY faucet that you feel has a compatible look to it.

MEYLIN

Reaction score
No allen screw on the spout it would require tile removal. Newport Brass trim is more expensive than replacing with Delta faucet and valve. Any reason to stay with Newport Brass?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks