Good resin brands?

Users who are viewing this thread

dc5itr329

Reaction score
Hi all! I've been looking into getting a new water softener system but was wondering what are good resin brands? One company I'm interested in using Alamo a4000. Is this a good brand?

Chevy427

Reaction score
I have never seen any "bad" resins. the manufacturing process of this media is very complex and I would think there aren't any reports of resins to avoid as long as they are serving their designated purpose.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I would stay with a national brand manufacturer such as Purolite; although resin is like sugar, there is very little to no difference between one and another except for price. Of course that is comparing the same type to the same type of resin. I.E. regular mesh, fine mesh and SST-60 (which only Purolite makes [SST = shallow shell technology]).

Alamo doesn't manufacture resin, or AFAIK most of what they sell.

dc5itr329

Reaction score
I have never seen any "bad" resins. the manufacturing process of this media is very complex and I would think there aren't any reports of resins to avoid as long as they are serving their designated purpose.

Thanks!

I would stay with a national brand manufacturer such as Purolite; although resin is like sugar, there is very little to no difference between one and another except for price. Of course that is comparing the same type to the same type of resin. I.E. regular mesh, fine mesh and SST-60 (which only Purolite makes [SST = shallow shell technology]).

Alamo doesn't manufacture resin, or AFAIK most of what they sell.

Yes. I agree. I'm just trying to order a system and deciding from either regular mesh or fine mesh. And between the fleck 5600sxt, 7000sxt and 2510sxt.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Thanks!

Yes. I agree. I'm just trying to order a system and deciding from either regular mesh or fine mesh. And between the fleck 5600sxt, 7000sxt and 2510sxt.

Regular mesh is fine for the majority of applications. Any of the valves you listed will be excellent. My personal preferance is the 7000SXT, then the 2510SXT, then the 5600SXT. All of these valves are manufactured by Fleck and are exceptional controls that will serve you well for many years. The 7000SXT is great if you have a larger application or higher flowing applications, a mega shower, or a spa tub with larger filling capability. The 2510SXT is based on the original Fleck controls and has a good flow rate, a heavy drive motor, and uses the older style small bypass design. The 5600SXT has slighly lower flow rate potentials, and uses a standard light duty drive motor. Regardless, for residential applications, these valves are difficult to beat. For commercial applications, the 2510 and 7000 are preferred.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
Fine mesh has a higher pressure loss than regular or SST-60 and normally neither is needed. Some dealers use fine mesh for high iron but the best for high iron is SST-60. Regular mesh will handle iron just fine but up to a limit, which applies to fine mesh also; that would be like 3-5 ppm.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks