First Time poster Need help with water well installation

Users who are viewing this thread

EdSmithx

Reaction score
New poster here with a well installation question

Background:

I hve some property outside Knoxville, TN, Robbins, TN to be exact. I am building a cabin up there and want to plan for the worst. We currently have county water up there but I want to have an additional source. The area that I have the cabin on is in coal and gas country. Many of the residents in the area have said that good well water is hit or miss. Sulfur and Iron being the main complaints. I have contacted a well driller and he has looked over the property and suggests drilling the well in a field that is about 500 ft from the house and about 100 ft below the cabin. I asked about closer to the house and he said it would be better down in the field. The field in question use to be the "old Home Place" and the locals say that at one time there was a springhouse in that area that had "good" water. I have looked and looked to no avail and cannot find the springhouse.

My questions is this; If he drills the well down in the field how can I get the water to the house without installing electric at the pump site. I know I could use solar and batteries but is there anyway to have the pump at the cabin and suck the water to the cabin considering the 500 ft to the well, the 100 ft drop in height PLUS what ever depth we have to drill the well. Any help that be of great help

EdSmithx

Reaction score
You are going to need power. Just run a wire in the same ditch as the pipe. 500' is no problem. I ran one recently about 3500'.

Yes what is what I knew could be done. Just was hoping that I would not have to spend the money.

Will a submersible pump get the water all the way to the cabin?

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Yes what is what I knew could be done. Just was hoping that I would not have to spend the money.

Will a submersible pump get the water all the way to the cabin?

The submersible will only see the 100' elevation plus friction loss. 500' of extra wire is cheap compared to the well being 500' deeper. Everything is relative.

EdSmithx

Reaction score
So I will assume that the sub pump will work.

Thanks for the info and quick response.

If I can ever return the favor just ask. I am a mod on www.socnet.com Screen name Fast Eddie.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks