Help Identifying Shower Faucet Handle

Users who are viewing this thread

jeremyb

Reaction score
Hello,

I was hoping someone might be able to help identify the make of this faucet so I can replace the handle. The prior owners replaced it with what I believe is a sink faucet round plastic handle which cracked at the top due to not being able to clear the fixture. The stem goes up and down then left to right for hot/cold. The fixture sticks out 1 7/8" if that helps. Please ignore my horrible caulk job.

photo (1).jpg
photo (3).jpg
photo.jpg

Thanks!

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Sorry - I got nothing. Maybe your missing a collar and a handle. I got nothing for you sorry, doesn't look like any trim I've worked with.

JW

jeremyb

Reaction score
Thanks for taking the time to reply. I've been back and forth to home depot at least 6 times trying different handles. I swear nothing in this town home can be easily fixed. On the bright side, the wife will like picking out a new fixture. Would that something an amateur diy'er could handle? I'm pretty handy, but have caused more issues trying to fix something that looks easy like this.

jeremyb

Reaction score
After some looking around, I see that my question about me being able to handle a project like swapping out the entire fixture is an easy answer: no.

If it might help identifying the handle and possibly missing collar, I noticed that the stem will spin causing the temperature to change. I'm not able to push/pull the stem to turn the water flow off/on. The on/off is controlled by an up/down motion. I had thought earlier that temperature was only controlled by the left/right movement.

Not sure if this helps, but thought I'd include it in a last ditch effort.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
WE would need a picture of the cartridge itself to try to make a determination. What we can see is "similar" to several brands with some variations. Seeing the cartridge, especially the bottom of it is crucial, especially if we cannot see the handle itself.

jeremyb

Reaction score
Thanks, I'll see if I can get that removed and post some pics this weekend.

jeremyb

Reaction score
Sorry these pics are so blurry, if these are of no help, I'll post more with a better camera. The first 3 are of the cartridge itself, I tried to get a couple angles not knowing if this would help. The last is inside the faucet, there is a notch taken out on the left that matches with the cartridge.

IMAG0077.jpg
IMAG0078.jpg
IMAG0079.jpg
IMAG0082.jpg

jeremyb

Reaction score
Think I might have identified the cartridge make from: http://www.alfanoplumbingparts.com/pdf/SingleLeverCartridgesPtoZ.pdf

I believe it's the Valley VAL7002, at least the measurements match and looks identical. The problem I have now is not knowing where to look for the replacement handle. From what I've read, Valley has gone out of business. Any sites anyone knows of that I can search? Thanks.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks