New Filtration System Build

Users who are viewing this thread

TTopPlumbing

Reaction score
Website
www.ttopplumbing.com
I have been asked by my significant other to build her the best water filtration system. (She is a health nut) I am trying to figure out what the best filter or filter combinations available to make the purest drinking water. I want it way better than that bottled drinking water crap. Any thoughts?

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I have been asked by my significant other to build her the best water filtration system. (She is a health nut) I am trying to figure out what the best filter or filter combinations available to make the purest drinking water. I want it way better than that bottled drinking water crap. Any thoughts?

For drinking water, I would recommend a standard reverse osmosis system and add an alkaline/pH adjusting filter to it. Be sure to get an RO with a permeate pump, this will give you the best quality, and best tasting water.
The RO strips the water of most everything, the remin/alkaline filter adds specific minerals back into the water. It is also relatively cheap.

Check out the link, this is a popular and very well priced system.

http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-6427-aptera-alkamag-alkaline-inline-water-filter.aspx
http://www.freshwatersystems.com/p-...tage-50-gpd-ro-system-wpermeate-pump-kit.aspx

Many other websites sell similar equipment, but I have had great success with these guys.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks