Toto Vespin II vs. Toto Aquia or CST416M#01 vs. CST474CEFG#01

Users who are viewing this thread

Molo

Reaction score
Hello,
- I am trying to choose between the two toilets mentioned above. The primary goal is to avoid having a clogged toilet. I am considering these two because of the skirted appearance.

- I like the look of the Aquia, but am not crazy about the push-button flush.

- I like the height of the Vespin II, and the flush lever. Does the Vespin II perform as well as the Aquia?

Thanks in Advance!
Bill

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Just select the toilet that you like. All Toto toilets perform well, so you can't really go wrong.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Aquia bowl has less standing water, a washdown rinse and standard glaze.
It comes in 15-1/8"
CST416M
and 16-18" high bowls.
CST412MF and CST464MF

The Vespin has a larger water spot, standard with CEFIONTECT
Bowl height on the discontinued CST764SG is 15-1/8"
And for the Vespin II, CST474CEFG, 16-1/8"

I lean toward the Vespin II, but it's a really close call between the two. I've sold a bunch of them all, and they do have their proponents.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
You should go with what you like -- take a look at how they flush on Youtube. Me, I would go with the Vespin II due to no button flush and the fact that I love the double-cyclone rinse. Based on my experience discussed elsewhere with the Duravits, I'm not a fan of the washdown rinse on toilets like the Aquia, although I'm sure the Aquia's performance is better than our Duravits.

Molo

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies!

Questions regarding Vespin II:

1. Longevity and Parts - Are there any known issues with maintenance, and are parts costly?

2. Cleaning and Staining of Bowl - Are there any secrets to maintaining the CEFIONTECT in order to preserve it? Are there any issues with permanent staining of the Bowl?

Thoughts on Aquia: I like the appearance of the Aquia the most, hands down. However, I don't like the flush button of the Aquia. I like the additional height of the Vespin II, and I'm waiting to hear the verdict on the CEFIONTECT feature. If CEFIONTECT is a plus, why isn't it part of the Aquia?

Thanks again

Last edited:

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The Vespin parts are common to the hardware stores.
At Lowes it would be the Korky MaxPerformance fill valve and the Korky TOTO 3" replacement flapper.
CEFIONTECT has been around a long time. I have it in three of mine. I just use a liquid cleaner on it. It does stay cleaner then the standard glazing.
I kind of swap these things around. I have a Vespin II now where the Aquia was.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks