Delta tub and shower facet installed..little drip

Users who are viewing this thread

Andrew21

Reaction score
Hey all,

I just installed the Delta tub and shower kit for my bathroom. It was pretty simple except for the tub spout. Took me a while but figured it out.

Now here's the problem. When I turn off the water, there's still a drip of water that comes out of the spout. I would say a drip every 2 seconds. I made sure all the connections were tight and everything was done correctly.

Any suggestions on what to look for?

Last edited:

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
On a tub filler last month there was a packing washer that was installed and not needed. It prevented the divertor from fully sitting down and we need to remove it. Once that happen the drip stopped. The drip was with the hand held sprayer and not the tub spout.

Perhaps check that nothing is blocking the divertor from working properly.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
The key to whether it is drain down or a leak is whether it eventually stops. I time the interval between the "drips" and if it does not stay constant, then it is drain down.

Andrew21

Reaction score
I haven't monitored the drip for a long time. Only for a few minutes. It was a drip every 2 seconds for the minute. Then I went and turned off the shutoff valves cause I was leaving for work.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
If you didn't flush the lines before installing the cartridge and some grit or crud got caught against the sealing surface, you may have scored the sealing surface and the gaskets can't make a proper seal. If that's the case, you need a new cartridge. Most of the time, the water is clean enough so flushing doesn't help, but it certainly doesn't hurt! There can be all sorts of crud dislodged when first turning on a new fixture. It's probably just draining down from the shower riser, though, and everything is fine.

Andrew21

Reaction score
Checked it before. Turned the water back on from the shut off valves, then turned on the shower. Water came out for a minute or two, then I turned it off. No drips. Didn't turn on the shower yet but will let you know what happens later.

Andrew21

Reaction score
Ok cut the water supply and turned on the shower. Whatever water was in there drained out. Turned off the shower.

Turned on the supply again and the drip was still there. Perhaps the valve adapter? or the cartridge?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
How are you turning the shower on and off? Does it have its own control valve? If so then we have been giving you advice for a different installation because you did NOT tell us how you installed the vavle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks