(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: What's cooking at Walmart?

  1. #1

    Default What's cooking at Walmart?

    This is really for Ballsvalve, LOL..., I know he just loves... Walmart shoppers
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-arrested...--finance.html

  2. #2
    DIY Senior Member BobL43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This is really for Ballsvalve, LOL..., I know he just loves... Walmart shoppers
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-arrested...--finance.html
    and that's where you got mugged too?
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

  3. #3

    Default

    Nope, I was mugged in Mo. My husband was transferred there, and, the boys and I walked over to the McDonalds nearby. Instead of walking on the interstate, we walked the back way through a wheat field. The kids were young. Heck, I was young. There was a beaten path from the motel over to Mickey D's. I thought it would be okay. We passed 2 maybe, 3 dumpsters, outback of McDonalds. While walking inside a man wearing a big cowboy hat stopped me asking me directions or something. I gave him the directions and we walked inside and had our breakfast. While walking outside, a little blue car with a light ontop, pulled over and asked me if I saw the man laying under the dumpster while walking over. Well, I didn't. I backed off from the car. He started saying the man with the cowboy hat and the man under the dumpsters was waiting on me to come back out. I found out some pretty serious things happened there. He asked if I wanted a ride.

    Yeah, right. I guess I look stupid.

    I scooped up the youngest, got my weapon from my purse, grabbed the other boys hand and we went back over to the motel. I found out we were located at what was called, Hobo Junction, where the trains meet, and people jump the trains there. I was glad, when we left.

    Never saw a Walmart there.

  4. #4
    DIY Senior Member BobL43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Nope, I was mugged in Mo. My husband was transferred there, and, the boys and I walked over to the McDonalds nearby. Instead of walking on the interstate, we walked the back way through a wheat field. The kids were young. Heck, I was young. There was a beaten path from the motel over to Mickey D's. I thought it would be okay. We passed 2 maybe, 3 dumpsters, outback of McDonalds. While walking inside a man wearing a big cowboy hat stopped me asking me directions or something. I gave him the directions and we walked inside and had our breakfast. While walking outside, a little blue car with a light ontop, pulled over and asked me if I saw the man laying under the dumpster while walking over. Well, I didn't. I backed off from the car. He started saying the man with the cowboy hat and the man under the dumpsters was waiting on me to come back out. I found out some pretty serious things happened there. He asked if I wanted a ride.

    Yeah, right. I guess I look stupid.

    I scooped up the youngest, got my weapon from my purse, grabbed the other boys hand and we went back over to the motel. I found out we were located at what was called, Hobo Junction, where the trains meet, and people jump the trains there. I was glad, when we left.

    Never saw a Walmart there.
    Over a period of many years, I probably spent an entire year in Jefferson City, MO (its Capital) a few weeks at a time installing and servicing equipment at my company's cusotmers. My first visit to any Walmart was there. It is extremely rare that I visit any Walmart; I just don't feel comfortable there. I don't feel I am better than anybody else, but at Walmart, I feel out of my own environment. Like being in another country. Now they are advertising steaks on TV
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

  5. #5

    Default

    We were at a little town which was beautiful in MO, it was not the one I was mugged at, this little town was remarkable, called, Independence. It was just so quaint. I loved this town. Bought some really cool old things there. The town which he was transferred to, skips my mind, but, I was not happy with that place. It has been decades but, I still will not walk near a dumpster, walk through a field, even, like then, I can see the other side.

    I got stuck in the Perfect Storm. Rememer that? He was then, transferred to Halifax, and we were going to take a ferry to NewFoundland and we, I, got stuck. He was fine, but the boys and I got caught in it. Because of the place where I was stuck at & wanted out, wanted to go back home, but, because of the roads further north being closed, and ships being down, I ended up taking a bus further south from one point to home and while on this bus, we had a bus accident. It was a Greyhound I think. A 30 hour ride. It was winter incase you didn't know this. The bus slid all over the road and landed on its side. Well, we got off that one. The kids and I. We got on another bus. I was sitting behind this man and, didn't know, he didn't have any pants on, he only had on, a coat, and boots. Dead of winter. I didn't know this until, the police stopped this bus, and took him off. Nice. I was sitting behind a naked man and didn't know it. I do remember hearing the bus driver saying, " naked" via his radio, but, I was looking at him, lol.

    I didn't see a Walmart there, either.

    But... I was writing for years for a small newspaper and, I mentioned in an article about this, and I got the chance to do a short phone interview with Linda Greenlaw. She was so friendly and nice and lived in Maine.
    Last edited by Cookie; 06-09-2012 at 09:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Jack of all trades DonL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Now they are advertising steaks on TV
    I do not advise buying meat at WM.

    After breaking some fillings from bones in their ground beef and my boy complaining about bones I quit buying it.

    Their steaks are injected and radiated and are like rubber, No mater how you cook them.

    But they are guaranteed.


    Poor Cookie.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

    Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

  7. #7

    Default

    I don't have a Walmart close enough to me to warrant making the trip. But, I know, people who love Walmart. I don't shop there enough to have an opinion other than just one. The smell. I don't know if any of you remember or had a Zayre's? But, it is the same smell I remember growing up when walking into it. The clothes, I think, has a smell. And, I am hypersensitive to smells, so it doesn't work well for me. I also, wish more things were made in the USA. Where I have a part time job, I was checking the other day, not one thing in our store is made in the USA. I was not busy so, I checked all the tags from different lines, and it was either made in Vietnam, ( agent orange clothes) or Honduras. There also, is a smell with these clothes but, since the store is smallish the smell is not overwhelming to me.

    Poor Cookie? lol, I have had quite a life. Want to hear about when he was transferred to Philly? I will give you a choice:

    1. Fire in Philly on 12 floor of Hotel, running with man in his underwear ( not my husband either)
    2. Either of 2 tornadoes in Al.
    3. Either of 3 tornadoes in north
    or, I will keep thinking... ... and, never saw a Walmart, either.

    Don, that very well could be pink slime. 3 states are not pulling it, and will not remove it from the school lunches. That stuff has been treated with ammonia. Now, I always knew, we all probably knew, hot dogs are not healthy, but, I thought turkey franks were okay, but, read this:

    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nut...rst-hot-dogs#0
    Last edited by Cookie; 06-09-2012 at 11:27 AM.

  8. #8
    DIY Senior Member BobL43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1,772

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    I don't have a Walmart close enough to me to warrant making the trip. But, I know, people who love Walmart. I don't shop there enough to have an opinion other than just one. The smell. I don't know if any of you remember or had a Zayre's? But, it is the same smell I remember growing up when walking into it. The clothes, I think, has a smell. And, I am hypersensitive to smells, so it doesn't work well for me. I also, wish more things were made in the USA. Where I have a part time job, I was checking the other day, not one thing in our store is made in the USA. I was not busy so, I checked all the tags from different lines, and it was either made in Vietnam, ( agent orange clothes) or Honduras. There also, is a smell with these clothes but, since the store is smallish the smell is not overwhelming to me.

    Poor Cookie? lol, I have had quite a life. Want to hear about when he was transferred to Philly? I will give you a choice:

    1. Fire in Philly on 12 floor of Hotel, running with man in his underwear ( not my husband either)
    2. Either of 2 tornadoes in Al.
    3. Either of 3 tornadoes in north
    or, I will keep thinking... ... and, never saw a Walmart, either.

    Don, that very well could be pink slime. 3 states are not pulling it, and will not remove it from the school lunches. That stuff has been treated with ammonia. Now, I always knew, we all probably knew, hot dogs are not healthy, but, I thought turkey franks were okay, but, read this:

    http://health.yahoo.net/articles/nut...rst-hot-dogs#0
    Don't you have hotdogs there tha "answer to a higher authority"? NY Metro area has Hebrew National hot dogs; Kosher all beef, delicious.

    Soon there will a place named Walmart China WOLMOT
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

  9. #9
    Jack of all trades DonL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    3,650

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BobL43 View Post
    Don't you have hotdogs there tha "answer to a higher authority"? NY Metro area has Hebrew National hot dogs; Kosher all beef, delicious.
    Them are exactly what I had for dinner.

    I cut them up and put them in Pork and Beans with a squirt of BBQ sauce for home made Beanie Winnies.

    No mechanically separated chicken lips.


    Cookie you are lucky not to have a WM in smelling distance.
    Last edited by DonL; 06-09-2012 at 04:00 PM.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

    Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

  10. #10

    Default

    Now, I don't know how healthy the Hebrew N. Ones are, but, the kids love those. They do taste a heck of alot better. Alittle more money, but, still cheaper than buying steak or burger meat with that pink slime by product in it. Now, Don if you mix those cut up hot dogs mix with hot sauce, maple syrup or brown sugar, a squirt of mustard, some ketchup, cut up hickory smoked bacon, and beans, this can't be beaten.

    I don't miss what I don't have. I am pretty much living in a ghost town. Another mall is biting the dust, due to millions of dollars of unpaid taxes.

  11. #11
    DIY Junior Member Brandon124's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This is really for Ballsvalve, LOL..., I know he just loves... Walmart shoppers
    http://news.yahoo.com/woman-arrested...--finance.html
    Only....at Walmart! Seriously though, abnormal scenarios tend to arise in Walmart. Besides that, they usually have bargains on decent DVDs. Clever thread topic title, by the way .

Similar Threads

  1. Activists save Chinese dogs from cooking pot
    By Cookie in forum Health and Wellness Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-18-2011, 09:14 PM
  2. Dishwasher Not Used for Months: Lubricate with Cooking Oil?
    By Briarius in forum Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & Tricks
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-11-2010, 04:11 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •