Vent flashing

Users who are viewing this thread

noppenbd

Reaction score
I am building a new powder room (toilet & lav) and I need to install a new 1-1/2" vent through the roof. The piping will be PVC. The roof is essentially flat (1/12 pitch) and is a roll roof (composition type sheets approximately 4' wide), with a silver reflective coating applied to reflect solar energy. I am thinking of using a roof flashing which has a galvanized plate, with a neoprene boot that is flexible enough to accommodate the low pitch. Similar to this: flash01.jpg
I would using roofing cement, slide on the flashing, then apply more roofing cement, roofing felt around the perimeter, and more roofing cement on top. Does this sound like a good solution?

Dave

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
Will Maryland let you punch an 1-1/2 vent through the roof? Up here we can't use anything smaller than 3"

noppenbd

Reaction score
We are not in the frost-closure area so it is my understanding that the 3" minimum doesn't apply.

TTopPlumbing

Reaction score
Website
www.ttopplumbing.com
Coming from custom home plumbing you are on the right track. Typically you do not even need the flashing with rubber boot, just a galvanized roof jack with mastic is how most roofers complete the seal possibly using torch down. Copper flashing and lead flashings are another option.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks