We have an old Carrier 58SS in our apartment and the pan below the A-coil has split leaking water. The unit is very old so we'd like to replace it.

Would a Carrier 58CVA be a suitable replacement? The unit is contained in a utility closet beside the water heater so dimensions are important.

It is proving difficult to find a Carrier dealer who will provide a quote for a replacement (Sears has changed the appointment 6 times so far, but should be here tomorrow). Any recommendations? Should we be looking at other brands or would that require a lot of refitting work?