Users who are viewing this thread

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2018249401_rescue21m.html

The 13-year-old Burien boy who was rescued Sunday from a ledge just feet from 265-foot Wallace Falls said that he's fortunate he walked away from the ordeal with little more than cuts and scrapes on his feet."I feel lucky I got through it all," William Hickman said Monday from his home. "I think the rescuers should feel like heroes; they saved me. I'm lucky to be alive."

Anyone that has hiked to Wallace Falls knows how scary that must have been. I remember standing at the top of the Falls when the water was lower, and the sheer height of the falls does funny things to your head. I can't imagine being swept down a rapids in the Spring melt-off toward the drop off of the falls. When river rafting, they tell you to go down feet first and feel the rocks coming up at you. They always say to keep your head up so that you don't swim head first into a rock and knock yourself out. This boy remembered this advice from a book that he had read. It saved him big time.

A look at the falls in late Summer.

wallace_04.jpg

Last edited:

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I have about that same fall on my property, and amazingly no one has yet to die here. But Yosemite eats up about 10 asian tourists a year.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks