(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Water Softener and RO Recommendation

Default Water Softener and RO Recommendation

Hello,
    I need to treat my well water and would like a recommendation for a water softener. Should I also consider a turbolator to keep the system clean because of the iron in my water? The house is 2517 square feet, 2.5 bathrooms, most of the time there are 2 people living here but on occasion there are 4. Here are the stats for my water:

PH: 7.5
    Iron: .6ppm
    TDA: 287
    Hardness: 16 gpg
    Nitrates: 0
    Flow Rate: 7 gallons per minute

I would also like to treat the water at the kitchen sink to remove the salt and possible contaminants. I am assuming an RO system would be the best way to do this or should I get a distiller?

Will the softener or RO change my PH and if so to what extent?

Thanks so much!

If you want to be covered when 4 people are in the house then 40K would be my choice. With just 2 of you a 32K would perform well for you but......go with the 40K and you get better salt efficiency too. As for removing sodium and whatever from the kitchen sink faucet I would go with an under counter RO
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]