Re-Circ pump

Users who are viewing this thread

eljefedavies

Reaction score
I have a Noritz Tankless hot water heater and I am looking at installing either a Chillipepper or a metlund on demand re-circ pump. There is a significant price difference between the 2 and I am a believer of the adage you get what you pay for, however I am also cheap. With that said does anyone have any experience with either of these pumps. I have read alot of info from the internet world and the Chillipepper seems to work but is loud and may have a longevity issue. The metlund does not seem to have any bad info except the price Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Lifespeed

Reaction score
The chili pepper is cheap and gets horrible reviews for durability online. I don't know much about the Metlund.

That said, I have experience with neither. However, I will suggest you consider Redytemp (and a dedicate return if that is an option). They use a proper, heavy-duty, replaceable Taco stainless-steel pump. It is a standard unit, if there is such a thing in plumbing. Should you ever have trouble in the future the pump can be replace, by itself, without tearing apart your plumbing. Also, if you have the constraint of using the cold water line to recirculate, they offer a proper positive shut off valve so as not to overly warm your cold water line.

Yes, you get what you pay for. And I do have a Redytemp unit with my Noritz NR1111DVNG. I really like it. It is on a timer, as well as Leviton momentary rocker switches in the kitchen and bathrooms. It turns itself on at breakfast and dinner. The rest of the day it is on demand from the switches.

Last edited by a moderator:

eljefedavies

Reaction score
Ok I went with the ACT on demand pump and it works great. I chose the ACT over the Chillipeper because the pump seemed less noisy and it is a taco pump which have good history of lasting long. Very easy to install and even though I did not buy it from ACT ( I bought it from HvacQuick) ACT sent me shorter supply lines at no cost with a free return shipping package and we great to deal with. Both companies get a great recommendation from me.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks