which water softener

Users who are viewing this thread

g-lo

Reaction score
Hello,

I don't know if this is the right forums. I've been searching online for different brands and water softeners and I don't really know what to look for or which one to get.

I currently live in Las Vegas and the water is pretty hard. I have a baby coming soon and my mother wants us to get a softener for the house. Our house is about 1600sf, 2 adults and a baby soon. We have visitors every month.

I've only had a Kinetico sales guy come to the house and I really like that it doesn't use electricity. But I dont like the price tag.

Any suggestions/opinions/recommendations?

Thank you all

g-lo

Reaction score
i got this off our water website.
The hardness of Las Vegas Valley Water District water is about 298 parts per million (ppm) or 17.4 grains per gallon

also when the kinetico did the water test it was pretty high. i just dont remember the number.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Vegas area ranges from 15-30 GPG. I have a great friend in Vegas who can take care of you at a very reasonable price. Let me know and I will forward you his information.

F6Hawk

Reaction score
I, too, was turned off by Kinetico's prices, tho the pros here say they are a good product. But if I can get a comparable product at half the price.... well, I did.

And the electricity you save, you could just as easily save by unplugging a phone charger that stays plugged in 24/7 instead of just when you are charging.

g-lo

Reaction score
I, too, was turned off by Kinetico's prices, tho the pros here say they are a good product. But if I can get a comparable product at half the price.... well, I did.

And the electricity you save, you could just as easily save by unplugging a phone charger that stays plugged in 24/7 instead of just when you are charging.

Which one did you get?

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score

The Kinetico salesman will tell you there is no product that compares with theirs LOL
Hey, it's good stuff and its expensive too. You get what you pay for. For folks that don't like too or want too do anything more than dump salt in the tank, Kinetico is great stuff. You don't have to mess with it because you can't mess with it.

g-lo

Reaction score
The Kinetico salesman will tell you there is no product that compares with theirs LOL
Hey, it's good stuff and its expensive too. You get what you pay for. For folks that don't like too or want too do anything more than dump salt in the tank, Kinetico is great stuff. You don't have to mess with it because you can't mess with it.

YUP...thats what the salesman said.

F6Hawk

Reaction score
But for a little under $700, I can do the same thing (nothing but add salt). Truth is, however, sometimes I sneak down to the basement while no one is looking just to see that soft blue light on the 7000SXT, and watch for that little water drop symbol to show up. Quality alone time!!

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
But for a little under $700, I can do the same thing (nothing but add salt). Truth is, however, sometimes I sneak down to the basement while no one is looking just to see that soft blue light on the 7000SXT, and watch for that little water drop symbol to show up. Quality alone time!!

Preaching to the choir.............

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks