Is There a Drake 2 Round Bowl 1.28 with Double Cyclone/Sanigloss?

Users who are viewing this thread

janluv999

Reaction score
I really want a Drake 2 round bowl for a fairly small bathroom but none of the outlet/on-line sellers seem to offer it--just the elongated bowl. Does it exist?

Last edited by a moderator:

red92s

Reaction score
The Drake II uses a Double Cyclone flushing system. I do not believe TOTO offers any round bowl Double Cyclone toilets. There is a round bowl 1.28 Drake (CST743E) that uses a more traditional flush system and lacks CEFIONTECT.

Last edited:

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
It is my opinion that because round bowl toilets are pretty much on the low end of the spectrum and not in high demand, there are not too many choices for add-on options like Sanigloss and double cyclone flushing. FWIW,, I have 2 Toto toilets in my home, neither has Sanigloss or double cyclone flushing, there are absolutely no problems from not have them. If you could use an elongated bowl, there are a great many more options open for you. I realize space can make this difficult.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
It is my opinion that because round bowl toilets are pretty much on the low end of the spectrum and not in high demand, there are not too many choices for add-on options like Sanigloss and double cyclone flushing. FWIW,, I have 2 Toto toilets in my home, neither has Sanigloss or double cyclone flushing, there are absolutely no problems from not have them. If you could use an elongated bowl, there are a great many more options open for you. I realize space can make this difficult.

Gary makes a good point. I would add, though, that the length of even the elongated bowl is not that significant on the basic Drake. It's 28" from the back of the tank to the front of the bowl for the elongated vs. 26 3/8 for the round. That inch-and-a-half in total length can provide a lot of comfort. On the Drake II, you're looking at 28 5/16" for the elongated. However, this is a little deceptive in terms of how much protrudes into the bathroom because there is a difference of how much china is in front of the centerline of the closet flange and how much is behind. On the original Drake, more of the toilet is in front of the centerline than on the Drake II. How do I know this? The original Drake can actually fit on a 10 7/8" rough-in, while you need 11 1/2 on the Drake II. So there is more or less 5/8" less of the Drake II in front of that centerline, meaning that the Drake II may actually protrude 5/16" less into the room than the elongated Drake, and only an inch more than the round Drake, if I have the math right.

Also, the Totos are pretty efficient users of space of space in your bathroom -- the elongated American Standard Cadet 3, in contrast, is 29 1/4 from back of tank to front of bowl, and 30 1/4 from the finished wall (plus or minus 1/4" due to legendarily-erratic consistency of their china). And the round Cadet 3 is 27 1/4" (give or take) from back of tank to front of bowl, and 28 1/4" off the finished wall. So the round AS Cadet 3 is comparable to the Drake II elongated, on protrusion into the room.

So if you want that Double Cyclone CEFIONTECT Drake II, I wouldn't be afraid to get it, and it's a good deal at only about $90 more than the round Drake with GMax and no CEFIONTECT from some suppliers. That said, I love my round basic Drake, and think it's a hell of a deal at more than $100 LESS than the garbage AS Cadet 3, and think that non-CEFIONTECT is fine and the GMax flush rocks! OTOH, my much more expensive Carlyle II, with both CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone and 1.28 gpf, is one impressive piece of engineering that is just, well, fun to operate and pleasing to behold.

My Dad always says that if you are choosing between a number of similar things, you should get the one you really want; in the long term you will be glad you did. If that's the Drake II with CEFIONTECT and Double Cyclone and 1.28gpf, you can see from the specs that you shouldn't let the round bowl concern get in your way. Unless you have a specific measurement (like an inward-swinging door or something) that you need to clear -- and it doesn't sound like you do -- that extra inch isn't going to be something that you notice in a negative way. You will just kick back with a beer and admire the newly-installed toilet that you really wanted.

Good luck!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks