Centaur Catalytic Carbon Question???

Users who are viewing this thread

S Fields

Reaction score
Had some problems with a peroxide injection system / catalytic carbon filtration system for a well with high sulfur content. I replaced the carbon media and it ran about 2 days before the smell returned. Found out late tonight, peroxide was not being injected into the static mixer. Got it fixed, let it run at the tap for awhile, sulfur smell is better, but not completely gone. I am letting it backwash as we speak, and plan on doing it 2 or 3 more times tomorrow.

Is the new carbon media ruined or will backwashing "restore" it. I have the Stenner pump wide open at 10, so it has a pretty strong concentration of peroxide going through the system. Am I wasting my time and peroxide?

Thanks

Chevy427

Reaction score
Can you give us some details on equipment and water test results? Are there other pieces like a softener? Your carbon should be good but may need some tweaking. Do you have an mixing tank for the system?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks