Las Vegas Water Softener Selection

Users who are viewing this thread

Reach4

Reaction score
Can anyone explain or better yet show me a picture of what I will find if I pull the red clip off the dials that put the softener into bypass? Is there an o-ring connected to the dial that you turn to operate the plastic bypass (I guess they are called the inlet and outlet valves)? I am afraid to pull mine out and end up with a permanent leak that I can’t fix.
In a PDF of the 7000SXT service manual, search for 41118. That is a line drawing of the bypass unit.

John Vegas

Reaction score
In a PDF of the 7000SXT service manual, search for 41118. That is a line drawing of the bypass unit.
The line diagram does not indicate that the side inlet and outlet valves are removeable, if so, what are the red clips there for? See line diagram.
Screenshot_2017-12-05-19-50-32.png

Reach4

Reaction score
The line diagram does not indicate that the side inlet and outlet valves are removeable,
Gotcha.

I would expect to see a rotary valve on each side. Probably 2 o-rings per side. Fleck 61462 is the rebuild kit, but I don't find a picture. Maybe it is only o-rings.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
I did not read the entire thread so...

removing the red clips allows the removal of the bypass components. The bypass is rebuidable but... replace it if you are having problems. It is not that expensive and rebuilding it is not worth the few dollars that you will save.

John Vegas

Reaction score
So I’m back again. Lots of view of this thread!

7000 SXT has been running fine. I noticed the water was not counting down, like a few years ago. This time I pulled out the flow meter assembly after depressurizing and disassembling, it appeared clean and spun just fine. I inserted it back in, hooked it up, and it still won’t register. I tried the magnet test on the sensor and it seems to work fine.

What is the world could be wrong with the sensor? It is such a simple part, its hard to believe it is broken as it spins just fine. I am trying to avoid spend what seems like a lot of money for the flow sensor.

I didn’t release they discontinued the 7000 valve, I am not really surprised, this one has been a bit a clunker for me, but when it works it works great.

Thanks all, JS

Last edited:

John Vegas

Reaction score
So the 7000 SXT continues to work reasonably well. I have recommended and purchased 3 total (2 for friends) and now I see they are discontinued! Anyone know where you can get a reasonably priced rebuild kit so I can keep 1 or 2 in the garage just in case I need to rebuild again?

Thanks, JS

Bannerman

Reaction score
The 7000 was discontinued in September 2016. Parts should remain available from regular suppliers for some years to come.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks