(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Las Vegas Water Softener Selection

Aspiring Old Fart, EE, computer & networking geek Mikey's Avatar

Not a bad idea, but too bad about the good technical stuff that snuck in now and then. I think there might have been some .

Sorry double post.
    Last edited by John Vegas; 12-15-2012 at 05:52 PM.

Default Programming and regeneration.

Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    Attachment 18012

Setting changes can be made anytime, just press and release the regen button when you are done reprogramming it and it will regeenrate tonight, resetting all the calcs to the new programming.
    I changed my settings for a 4 lb/cf dose, and the 7000SXT seems to think there is like 1500+ gallons in reserve (the flashing number with the time on the home screen). I reset the regen time to midnight so I can be awake to see if it regenerates. Should it be regenerating automatically when I changed the "C" and "H" and "BF" settings at the next regen time that is programmed or do you have to regenerate manually?

Oh, after re-reading your post, I see that you meant for me to click the regen button MANUALLY to start a regen. Got it!
    Last edited by John Vegas; 12-15-2012 at 08:20 PM.

Does anyone know a good place to buy Fleck o-rings? For some reason, the DLFC o-ring got distorted (I think when it turned due to the twisting effect of the drain tube), resulting in a fairly significant leak during last nights regeneration. I freaked out when there was water on the garage floor this morning, so I ran through the cycles and it was spraying some water out of the DLFC connection). This is part 13303-01. Can I just use a "standard" o-ring of that size that they sell at a big box store, although it might be made of a different material than the "560CD" stuff. I assume the -021 mean a 15/16 ID, 1-1/16 OD and a 1/16" width (I looked this up on some o-ring manufacturer's charts for the -021 size). This is what I was thinking, which seems to be consistent with a -021 size. Think this should work if I lubricate it with some silicone grease? Thanks, JS

http://www.lowes.com/pd_174791-72906...ing&facetInfo=

Ok, got the o-ring fixed and all is well...but.

I came home the other day and there was water under the resin tank. I noticed that water was very slowly dripping from the bottom of the back of the plastic housing. I took off the housing, and it appears that there is condensation forming on either the plastic housing or some of the parts inside the plastic housing, creating a bit of water that is dripping down. Luckily, the electronics didn't burn out. It has been quite cold here in Las Vegas (lows in the high 20s at night), and the unit is in the garage. Anyone have or hear about this problem? I have kept the plastic housing cover off, and no dripping or other water has been observed.

Thanks, JS

Yet another issue.

I have the RC set to 90 gallons with day override off. Last night I got home at about 1 AM and I noted there were 26 gallons left. I showered, and there were 7 gallons left at 1:50 AM. The previous night, the remaining capacity was 92 gallons at 2 AM (I got home about 3 AM and noted the remaining capacity). I assume the softener should have regenerated last night at 2 AM, but it did, and I checked it this AM, it was still at 7 gallons reserve capacity.

I ran a manual regen, but any idea why it didn't regen?

JS

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Send me an email with all of your settings. I can walk you through them easily. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish, the size of the system, and I will send you a programming guide set up for your exact application.

I think I figured it out.

The softener keeps the 90 gallons in reserve, it is NOT included in the amount shown on the 7000 display. I believe the number on the unit has to exhaust to 0, then you are in the "reserve zone." Then, it would regen on the next night. Since I had not exhausted the unit to zero, it naturally didn't regen because there was still the amount in reserve.

Does that sound right?

JS

Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    Send me an email with all of your settings. I can walk you through them easily. Let me know what you are trying to accomplish, the size of the system, and I will send you a programming guide set up for your exact application.

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I breezed through what you wrote w/out thinking about it. I should have read it more carfeully. I see a lot of people who spend too much time trying to figure out every part of the programming and what it means instead of just enjoying the soft water. Your analysis is correct. The reserve should be set to 1 days water usage. We usually use the safety factor as our generic setting, rarely does a customer have a problem or question when we use this.

Excellent job on your system, now go enjoy it.