Cleaning out Rust Blooms ---- A TIP

Users who are viewing this thread

Chefwong

Reaction score
Super Iron Out to the Rescue.
http://www.superironout.com/

This fall I had plumbers do some work and they were cutting out the cast iron pipe outside....
When they left and after the 1st rainfall, there was a tonnage of rust everywhere .....
I tried pressure washer with no luck.
I went the next step aggressive with oxacilic acid and pressure washing.
It got clean about 70% percent but on the next 3 rainfalls, all the rust came back.

I used Super Iron out today and it seems to have done the trick.
We'll see whether the rust blooms come back after a couple of rainfalls but I think we're in the clear.
Hopefully this helps someone else down the road. Muratic acid, etc was all chemicals I was avoiding unless truely needed.

Last edited by a moderator:

BobL43

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Super Iron Out to the Rescue.

This fall I had plumbers do some work and they were cutting out the cast iron pipe outside....
When they left and after the 1st rainfall, there was a tonnage of rust everywhere .....
I tried pressure washer with no luck.
I went the next step aggressive with oxacilic acid and pressure washing.
It got clean about 70% percent but on the next 3 rainfalls, all the rust came back.

I used Super Iron out today and it seems to have done the trick.
We'll see whether the rust blooms come back after a couple of rainfalls but I think we're in the clear.
Hopefully this helps someone else down the road. Muratic acid, etc was all chemicals I was avoiding unless truely needed.
Thanks, that might come in handy some day:)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks