Tripping breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

stepheme

Reaction score
I have been having issues with my water kicking on and off several times, we found a short in the wiring to the well. We fixed that, water worked about 3 hrs then no water, I changed the filter which was full of mud from pulling the well. Water worked great about a week, then yesterday the beaker started tripping! My well is about 300 ft with about 200ft of reservoir. Its a 1.5 hp submersible pump. The pump is about 3 yrs old. I haven't had asnt leaks or freezes I have no idea why I'm having so much trouble.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
...I have no idea why I'm having so much trouble.
I think Jeff Fortgang summed it up in his song "Some guys have all the luck" that Rod Stewart made famous.

Just because you found one short, doesn't mean you won't have any more. I wish it worked that way.

Run a new temporary wire on the surface to the wellhead. That should narrow down whether the problem is in the ground or in the hole.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks