Will this pass code in Texas

Users who are viewing this thread

oldbridge40

Reaction score
Guys,
I would like to say thinks, your forum has helped me a lot. Im building a home in texas and have been doing my own plumbing and was hoping you could look at these pics and let me know if they will pass code.
pic is of the kitchen sink and the utility sink and washing machine, bottom of trap on washing machine is 12 1/2 inches off the floor.
Image 2.jpgImage 1.jpg

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
There is PLENTY of room between the trap's outlet "riser" and the vent to PREVENT that situation. I have installed THOUSANDS of washer traps directly to the sanitary tee without ANY problems or rejections. A "Crown vent" is connected to the TOP of an "S" trap, not the point where it turns downward. What you show in the laundry photo appears to be proper, but we cannot tell about anything outside the picture. Some inspectors WILL reject the sink installation because it has one outlet flowing past the other one without intermediate vents.

Last edited:

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
The washer trap is essentially a crown vented S trap

I don't really see that. Per UPC, the developed distance from wier of trap to inner side of vent take off, must be 2 pipe diameters, in this case 4" . I believe his set up qualifies

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
both hubs equal 1-1/2 inches. plus the about 1/4 between them and there is no way that distance is 4" or even close to it. That FAILS just about anywhere you try it.

Last edited by a moderator:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I doubt that ANY inspector is going to take a ruler and measure whether it is 4" or 3 1/2". He might not even be able to read a ruler, and just counts the little marks.

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
both hubs equal 1-1/2 inches. plus the about 1/4 between them and there is no way that distance is 4" or even close to it. That FAILS just about anywhere you try it.
The developed length is measures along the center of a pipe, and from the wier of the trap to the vent take off....that is clearly more than 4"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks