Improving your mood and health with Negative Ion's - A closer look at the home shower

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
I was working yesterday doing some finishing touches to our latest steam shower build for a client in False Creek and had the chance to discuss her medical condition of Lyme Disease. I was firstly blown away at the horrible disease this is and how in-depth the treatment is for my client. Having never suffered from anything serious my whole life, I'm living in my own little bubble here in Vancouver. As my father-in-law ages and my Nana as well I'm learning much more about caring for our older parents and grand parents. My client discussed the benefits of Negative Ions with me in some detail and I absorbed as much as I could taking notes on a scrap of cardboard. Over the past 24 hours I've read as much as I could one the subject and while trying to digest it all am thankful for living so close to the ocean and on the West Coast of B.C.

For those of you that don't know me I'm a luxury shower builder here in Vancouver (not a doctor or medical consultant) and I specialize in waterproofing showers, steam showers and building barrier free showers. We often build luxury home spas and steam showers and I had no idea that they produce negative ion until just yesterday. The benefits of negative ions goes on and on and there appears to be no ill affects from too many - but being exposed to to little can be not so good for your health and mood.

Many of us feel better and more alert after a shower - this is one of the best places to get your dose of negative ion's in your own home. Right after a storm the air is charged with negative ions and I can understand why now so many people flock to Vancouver Island's West Coast to watch these storms. Tofino, B.C. must be the best place in B.C. for Negative Ion's.

I have send out a load of emails while I track down this information and thought I would do a link page of sorts here on Terry's pages to help anyone else researching the healing benefits of negative Ions. If you have a negative ion generator or have had any negative ion treatment I would love to hear from you. A buddy of mine wear's one of those bracelets and swears by it and after looking at some salt candles I'm sure I've seen these in clients homes before and didn't know what they where.

I'm trying to find out how much negative ions are produced by a shower vs a steam shower and how these compare to other methods of generating negative ions in your home. One thing is constant in my research is that any negative ion treatment program should be supervised or outlined by your doctor. Especially if it involves using a steam shower - here you have heat and steam and you might get too much of a good thing - be careful!

I'll post more information as I get it.

JW

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
NIKKEN RESEARCH INSTITUTE — Negative ions: a beneficial atmospheric phenomenon

Here is a great resource or "White Paper" on Negative ion Research.

NIKKEN RESEARCH INSTITUTE
WHITE PAPER — Negative ions: a beneficial atmospheric phenomenon

http://www.nikkensleepcenter.com/information/NRI_negative-ion.pdf

The sources of this White Paper are as follows;

NIKKEN RESEARCH INSTITUTE
WHITE PAPER — Negative ions: a beneficial atmospheric phenomenon

1. Mann D. Negative ions create positive vibes. Webmd, May 6, 2002. (http://www.webmd.com/balance/features/negative-ions-create-positive-vibe)
2. Ionized air (negative ions). Health Infocenter, Cedars-Sinai Health System. (http://healthinfo.cedars-sinai.edu/library/healthguide/en-us/Cam/topic.asp?hwid=hn-2953007)
3. How aerosol chemtrails affect atmospheric ions. (http://ion_effects.tripod.com/)
4. Gualtierotti R, Solimene U, Tonoli D. Ionized air respiratory rehabilitation technics. Minerva Medica 68:3383-9, 1977.
5. Jones DP, O'Connor SA, Collins JV et al. Effect of long-term ionized air treatment on patients with bronchial asthma. Thorax 31(4):428-32, 1976.
6. Llaurado JG, Sances A, Battocletti JH. Biologic and clinical effects of low-frequency magnetic and electric fields. Springfield IL: Charles C. Thomas, 1974.
7. Soyka F, Edmonds S. The Ion Effect. Bantam, 1977.
8. Jonathan V Wright, MD. Personal correspondence.
9. Kawamoto S, Oshita M, Fukuoka N, Shigeta S, Aki T, Hayashi T, Nishikawa K, Ono K. Decrease in the allergenicity of Japanese cedar pollen allergen by treatment with positive and negative cluster ions. Int Arch Allergy Immunol 141(4):313- 21. 2006.
10. Terman M, Terman JS. Controlled trial of naturalistic dawn simulation and negative air ionization for seasonal affective disorder. Am J Psychiatry Dec 163 (12):2126-33. 2006.
11. Goel N, Etwaroo GR. Bright light, negative air ions and auditory stimuli produce rapid mood changes in a student population: a placebo-controlled study. Psychol Med Sep 36(9):1253-63,2006.
12. Thayer RE. Biopsychology of Mood and Arousal. Oxford University Press, New York, 1989.
13. Diamond M. Enriching Heredity: The Impact of the Environment on the Anatomy of the Brain. Free Press New York, 1988.
14. Yepsen RB Jr. How to Boost your Brain Power: Achieving Peak Intelligence, Memory and Creativity. Rodale, Emmaus, Pa., 1987.
15. Baron RA. Effects of negative ions on cognitive performance. J of Appl Psychology v72 n1 p131(7), Feb 1987.
16. Yamada R, Yanoma S, Akaike M, Tsuburaya A, Sugimasa Y, Takemiya S, Motohashi H, Rino Y, Takanashi Y, Imada T. Water-generated negative air ions activate NK cell and inhibit carcinogenesis in mice. Cancer Lett 8;239(2):190-7, 2006.
17. Iwama H. Negative air ions created by water shearing improve erythrocyte deformability and aerobic metabolism. Indoor Air 14(4):293-7, 2004.
18. Yamada S, Chino D Inhibitory effects of NAI on erythrocyte aggregation. Med & Biology 141(3): 79-83, 2000. 19. Ryushi T et al. Inhibitory effects of NAI on 8-OHdG generation, (to be published).
20. Iwama H et al. Inspired superoxide anions attenuate blood lactate concentrations in postoperative. Crit Care Med 30: 1246- 9, 2002.
21. Livanova LM et al. The protective effects of negative air ions in acute stress in rats. Neurosci & Behav Physiol 29: 393- 395, 1999.
22. Misiaszek J et al. The calming effects of negative air ions on manic patients. Biol Psychiatry 22: 104-107, 1987.
23. Diamond MC et al. Environmental influence on serotonin and cyclic nucleotides in rat cerebral cortex. Science 210 : 652-4, 1980.
24. Ryushi T et al. The effect of exposure to negative air ions on recovery. Int J Biometeorol 41 : 132-136, 1998.
25. Gabbay J. Effect of ionization on microbial air pollution in the dental clinic. Environ Res 52(1): 1999.
26. Makela P, Ojajarvi J et al. Studies on the effects of ionization on bacterial aerosols in a burn and plastic surgery unit. J Hyg 83: 199-206,1979.

Cookie

Reaction score
Yes, you got something there, here are 2 URL's, this one, I have not had a chance to read as well as I would like to, and I don't have time right now either,

http://www.nanotech-now.com/news.cgi?story_id=44783 but, this second one, is a start of something that is so promising. It has been in the news, many documentaries made, and, before he passed away, I had a chance to meet him. This man lived and researche in Erie. This, now is in human trials. It is amazing how he started this, you wouldn't believe. http://www.kanziuscancerresearch.org/research/research_updates/

This pisses off my relatives when I say this, so I love to say it, because for one, it is the truth, but, I am the middle child, and, as healthy as you are, lol, that is how unhealthy I am, I got all the crap genes. The leftovers, the hammy downs, lol. But, that is okay, because I am the cutest. :) and, I ... got a sense of humor! I have to. To survive., lol. SOOOO, I go to all the medical things, all the trials, I sit through everything, I go everywhere, out of the need to learn. I think, your articles you posted are great. I will when I have more time, read them much closer. Thank you for sharing. You know, or maybe you don't, but, you got a great oncologist from your neck of the woods, John Lister.

One thing, about Lyme disease, they are trying certain chemos to treat it, one I think, is Rituxan. Good luck to your friend, that is such a bad, disease, really hard to deal with. http://www.beatlymedisease.com/ I got loads of deer in my yard, but, I just mow the grass without a thought, because, I have been on so many drugs, that honestly, when a mosquiot bites me, it keels over. Dead. :) Bugs don't bite me anymore, I think, they know I am deadly. When I go camping people fight to sit close to me, for I am better than any citronella candle.

I must work now.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Is this negative ions like a charge from a lightening bolt? Just thinking.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
Measuring Negative Ions in your shower with a EB-15

My client posted this information on my Facebook page.

NEGATIVE IONS:
Gain of electrons / reduction / near waterfalls / forest bathing / well-ventilated / small cluster water / high plains / open air hotspring bath / refreshment and relaxation / cell activation / healing places and water fountains / inhibition of active oxygen generation / water striders and dragonflies / healthy / rejuventation
 ● POSITIVE IONS:
oxidation / highly humid places / aickness / cokroaches and mites / aging / generation of active oxygen / fluorescent leghting / electrical appliances / bethrooms with doors and windows closed / Loss of electrons / busy intersections / in office buildings and cars / wetlands / decay / ultraviolet rays

Negative ions do the following:
1) Maintenance of health and physiological function in good condition Relaxing effect, stress relief, autonomic nerve control, fatigue relief (neutralization of lactic acid), lowering of blood pressure, deep sleep, promotion of metabolism, blood purification, blood circulation improvement, cell activation, antioxidative activity, improvement in concentration
2) Effects associated with the environment Antistatic, antidust, antibacterial and moth-repelling effects; deodorization, neutralization of positive ions, maintenance of freshness, control of dioxin, degradation of formaldehyde.

And this;

Negative ions are measured with a measuring device. A product called the EB-15, negative ions released from natural ores and ceramics can be easily measured. Ions in the air can be measured by air ion counter. (Measurement of air ions is very difficult when air is flowing.)

So who has a EB-15 I can borrow for a week???

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
IMG_3036[1].jpg

I live in high and clear mountain air, hardly a neighbor, and 2 creeks meeting at the face of the house. 2 major waterfalls and one of several hundred feet. Probably 8000 on the ion scale. Unless you are showering in rain water, I wouldnt give much snuff to a house shower. Except for a dose of leggionares bacteria.

Thats the "flat" part of one of the creeks. The waterfall could power the whole town.

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
With all the rain we get in North Vancouver I'm sure our Ion count is really high. I need to find me a ion reader. The ones I see online don't appear to be the kind I need and they are all at least $2,000.00 and up. I could have a Jammer just buying a tool to improve my health..... That does not sound like a good plan.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks