Pulling a submersible - not sure if this is right

Users who are viewing this thread

bigdaddy

Reaction score
OK I'm a little green at this so please forgive any ignorance on my part. I've gone through all the checks for low pressure issues and now believe that I need to pull the submersible for some checks. I'm using a 1/2 ton electric hoist to pull up but it's not moving. How much lifting power is needed? am I doing something wrong? do all submersibles have the same pitless adapter which requires a straight pull up or is possible the pipe needs to be turned/unscrewed?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
I know of at least three different styles of pitless and only one pulls up without any special release mechanism. One style needs to be unscrewed and the other style has a crow's foot with release cable.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Can you get a down-hole camera in there and get a pic? Any chance is looks like the following with part A at the top of the casing?

http://www.merrillmfg.com/product/02-PitlessUnits/MCK-Kit/parts.htm
MCK-Kit-02.gif

bigdaddy

Reaction score
OK, I see now. Thanks. Now hopefully I didn't already damage it by lifting the whole assembly up about one inch.

bigdaddy

Reaction score
Thanks for the help. local hardware or big box stores didn't have the tool and it didn't want to wait for one to be shipped so I ended up using a 1/2 inch pipe and notched out the center like above and worked fine. Thankfully I didn't do any damage all is working good now.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks