VFD to CSV sprinkler question

Users who are viewing this thread

jpennin217

Reaction score
I changed over to a CSV system after the electronic control in my VFD went out over the winter. The CSV is placed where the main line enters the house and I have great water pressure in the house a constant 50 psi or so. My issue is that my sprinklers are ran right out of the well and my pressure is about 30 psi at the most and I cannot run my sprinklers. How do I increase the pressure for my sprinklers? Thank you

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
The bronze/brass CSV can go in the well. The plastic one probably can too depending on the weight that will be hanging off from it.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
The CSV should be placed before the sprinklers.

When he gets 50 PSI in the house but only 30 PSI at the sprinklers, my guess is the pump isn't running and the water is back-feeding from the pressure tank. While the pump is running, he should see more pressure. If in fact he only sees 30 PSI with the pump running and the sprinklers on, then almost certainly the pump is not keeping pace with demand and moving the CSV would not help.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
To produce ANY pressure above 30 psi, the pump would have to output MORE than that. If the sprinklers are draining the excess pressure above 30 psi, then they are using more water than the pump can produce, and he is at the point on the pump's curve where the volume and pressure are balanced with the demand.

jpennin217

Reaction score
Thanks for the relies. I'm a pretty good handyman but it sounds like I need to get the well guy out to take a look. No way I can put a csv in the well with my equipment.

jpennin217

Reaction score
I replaced my high pressure sprinklers with low pressure sprinklers. I guess I can take a few off the line and see what happens. But the most on one line is 6 the rest are 5.

Last edited:

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you have different sprinklers now, we don’t know the change in flow. If they are tied in before the CSV, you will have low pressure (and only 1 GPM) to the sprinklers until the tank drains and the pump is started. But then you have water directly from the pump, and if the pressure is low, you have on too many sprinklers.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks