As the summer approaches we realize how much we need air conditioning because it's the only thing that can make the hot weather bearable. Air conditioning can be very useful in an office building where there are a lot more people than there would be in a house and there are a lot of machines generating heat as well. A hot and stuffy office can make employers irritable and less likely to work so it is important to have a proper air conditioning system installed.
Another advantage of a built in air conditioning system is the fact that itís up on the wall and out of the way. Portable systems usually sit on the floor or on a desk and therefore take up a lot of space and can cause obstructions. But you should make sure that the unit you are going to use is installed professionally and guarantees that you are going to get a good quality machine.
But what should you do if you need air conditioning repair on a hot day? Then one of the reasons might be because an electrical or mechanical problem on the HVAC systems: refrigerant leaks, dirty condenser coil or unit, dirty evaporator or cooling coil, or burned out (or hard-starting) compressor motors. If your air conditioning or heat pump system has completely lost cooling capacity or if it plain won't start then you might have a problem with the fan or the fan motor in both the compressor/condenser unit and in the air handler/blower fan unit.
Also, if you need air conditioning repair remember that most refrigeration problems, in air conditioners, refrigerators, or freezers, are electrical, not mechanical. So before replacing components that are more expensive it's better if you check out switches and controls, because 80% of problems on these systems are electrical in nature.
But before you call an air conditioning repair company you can carefully check a few simple things such as:
1. Check the power. Make sure everything is plugged in.
2. You can start by checking the settings on the air conditioner. Make sure that everything it turned on and to cool.
3. You can check out the controls. If nothing happens and you air conditioner still does nothing at all, you may need a new control panel.
4. If your air conditioner is working, but just not full strength or no cold air is coming out, check the blower. Sometimes the blower can get plugged with dirt and block the flow of the air. Cleaning the duct may solve the problem.
5. You can also check your filters. If they are dirty they may stop the airflow.
If nothing works, then it's probably time to call a specialist in air conditioning repair and then you can enjoy the cool air again.