(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle

Thread: Disposals - Insinerator Evolution vs Evolution Pro & Compact vs Essential

Default Disposals - Insinerator Evolution vs Evolution Pro & Compact vs Essential

Does anyone know what the differences in the Evolution series between the "Pro" and the regular disposals? I am interested in the "Compact" model as the sink is 10 inches deep. However, looking at the size differential, I'm not sure that the "Compact" is really any smaller than the "Essential", give or take an inch below the drain outlet.

I emailed Insinkerator and their response is the Essential is slightly quieter, slightly bigger and has a better warranty vs the compact.

Their response to the pro vs non-pro was somewhat less outright in the differences, except the warranty is slightly longer and can only be bought through a supply house, ie. non big box store.

I know with a lot of items, the stuff at the box store can be a lesser quality versus what can be bought elsewhere. I'm hoping someone can shed some more accurate light so I can make an informed decision.

Model for model, there is NOT a difference in units depending on where you buy it. The so-called "pro" series are theoretically only available from Plumbing Contractors and Distributors, but these days that is a bit of a myth.

The pro-series models probably have more pieces made of SS. Other then that, hp is how they differ. They seem to claim increasingly quiet as price go up. I have a basic compact. Had it for a few years now. It is plenty beefy enough for what we do, and I would not pay more to get a disposer quieter than this. We like it a lot. NOW, if you like to put whole chickens in your disposer, get a one horse!!!!!!
    Last edited by Terry; 11-14-2012 at 06:49 PM.

For all practical purposes, you get what you pay for. There is little dimensional difference between the disposers For another thing, ONLY GE and Whirlpool make "disposals", because that is their trade name. Every one else makes "disposers".
    Licensed residential and commercial plumber