Was at our storage facility --- commerical space
For the sprinkler system, they ran black pipe.
What I found interesting - it looks like some sort of compression fitting used on all the ends of them to join them.
Similar compression style fitting that were 90 degree units.

Anyone care to share the link or name so I can google this.
Was just curious.