(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Iron removal

Quote Originally Posted by water solutions View Post
    That's OK. Think as you may. Instead of saying you CAN do something, why don't you tell the OP how to do it as he certainly demonstrated doubts of your advice. This is after all, his thread and you really should not pay me so much attention. Terry Love's forum rules: Companies participating in a Forum discussion should provide specific answers to posted questions.
    He's going to listen to the engineer and if he wants to know how to do what I suggested, he can ask me. You should recall that I'm not a "company" but I am specifically responding to your replies; in HIS thread....

I am not going defend or accuse AndyC on what he said in another forum.
    Andy Christensen is a Water Quality Association CW-II and has been a Kinetico salesman for many years, or at least 3-4 years. He's a "Professional".

Since you deny being him, Andy Christensen, what are your credentials as to a Kinetico warranty and how did you get the one your claim to have?

Are you a Kinetico salesman, or work for Kinetico or are you a Kinetico customer and if a customer, why the handle Water Solutions? That sounds as if you are a water treatment dealer, a "company", are you?

I ask because yesterday in another thread I saw an OP asking you if you are a Kinetico salesman but haven't seen you answer that yet.

I will say this I am holding a Kinetico warranty sheet in my hands

First you say it "voids the warranty" now you are saying it halves it.
    Now you're playing with words again.... just like most Kinetico salesmen!!

Without the pre filter the warranty is 5 years, with the pre filter they extend the warranty to 10 years. And with a few Kinetico control valves that require the pre filter, you void the warranty IF you don't have one, or use the one they installed for you (whether ya wanted one or not).

The same applies to their K5 RO, the warranty says 5 years, and an extra 5 years, that's a total of 10 yrs, IF you also have a Kinetico softener softening the water before the RO.

If you disagree, feel free to prove me wrong by posting a copy of that warranty you say you have.
    Gary Slusser Retired (= out of business)
    Click Here to learn how to correctly size or program a water softener.
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Why are you asking where he got the warranty from? He got it the same place you and I got it....Online. There is a copy of it here

http://www.deanzawater.com/pdf/Kinet...l-warranty.pdf

Do you Badger people just for the sake of Badgering them?
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Why is it called "badgering"? In my experience, badgers never bother people, are rarely ever seen. I think it is unfair to the whole family of Taxidea taxus.

Quite the opposite of Gary's mannerisms displayed here.

True, true. Seems a shame to drag the poor Badger down.
    [B]No, plumbing ain't rocket science. Unlike rocket science, plumbing requires a license[B]

Water systems designer, R&D ditttohead's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Sawyer View Post
    lol, I think the more proper term would be trolling, to troll, or to be a troll.

Why are you asking where he got the warranty from? He got it the same place you and I got it....Online. There is a copy of it here

http://www.deanzawater.com/pdf/Kinet...l-warranty.pdf

Do you Badger people just for the sake of Badgering them?
    A quick read and then a detailed study shows the operational/owner's manual to cover maintenance and operation, which would include any requirement for a pre filter but... I don't see a Kinetico softener being mentioned, just water conditioners etc..

I see they have tightened up the RO (membrane) warranty from 5 years down to 4 years if there is no Kinetico softener installed before the RO.

And I especially like the creative part obviously designed to hide warranty requirements in this paragraph: Additional operating parameters may apply and are listed in your system owner’s manual and/or installation instructions. Your equipment must be installed and operated in accordance with Kinetico’s recommendations....

Have you ever seen the Kinetico installation instructions? My neither.

Since no one but the one'n only local Kinetico dealer can install the equipment, my guess is the customer wouldn't have those instructions but if they do, they must abide by Kinetico's "recommendations" in them and if not, the warranty is voided or reduced.

I'll bet there is a recommendation of a pre filter for at least a few different models of their control valves if not all of them. Ya think?
    CAUTION, as of Nov 12 2013 all YouTube videos showing how to rebuild a Clack valve have an error in them that can cause damage.

Quote Originally Posted by F6Hawk View Post
    Why is it called "badgering"? In my experience, badgers never bother people, are rarely ever seen. I think it is unfair to the whole family of Taxidea taxus.

Quite the opposite of Gary's mannerisms displayed here.
    Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    lol, I think the more proper term would be trolling, to troll, or to be a troll.
    And to think, 2 outta 3 of you are supposed to be "Professionals", yet no one reading this would be able to tell who is who.

Blog Entries

lol, like we said....

Indeed, only one poster on this thread stands apart LOL BTW, thanks for reminding me that my pump & filter license needs to be renewed this month. Something you don't have to worry about because unlike the rest of us........YOU DON'T HAVE ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ditttohead View Post
    lol, like we said....
    Yeah, you're all good at the childish put downs.

Blog Entries

Indeed, only one poster on this thread stands apart LOL BTW, thanks for reminding me that my pump & filter license needs to be renewed this month. Something you don't have to worry about because unlike the rest of us........YOU DON'T HAVE ONE
    My CWS recerts are due in a few months, I think I will get my Certified Installer and level 5 certifications done. I need to do my Steam Boiler license as well, thanks for the reminder!

Well, bite me, cuz neither MY pump, filter, nor my boiler even NEED recerts, and I refuse to become a certified installer. Guess I'll just have another margarita while you fine fellows go and spend your money on paper...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Slusser View Post
    A quick read and then a detailed study shows the operational/owner's manual to cover maintenance and operation, which would include any requirement for a pre filter but... I don't see a Kinetico softener being mentioned, just water conditioners etc..
    The warranty sheet does not include a prefilter as far as I can see. A softener is a water conditioner. Make note of ten-years' warranty on the resin, which I seem to remember someone continuously denying that no one offers more than one year on resins. Umm! Many Kinetico dealers don't use prefilters at all on their softeners as a standard installation and still honor warranties.

I see they have tightened up the RO (membrane) warranty from 5 years down to 4 years if there is no Kinetico softener installed before the RO.
    That's very strange, I don't see that. Does anyone else see that? Where do you see that? Kinetico never had a 5-year warranty of membrane and it was never reduced to 4. It always been 4 years (which is three years longer than any other residential RO that I am aware of) if not following a Kinetico softener. In fact, the membrane had a 7-year warranty if following a Kinetico softener (4 without) and extended a few years ago to 10 years (which is 9 years longer than any other RO that I am aware of). So you see Gary, you are incorrect again. Changes did not cause a warranty reduction but actually extended from previously issued warranties. Kinetico softeners went from 7 years to 10 years when the MACH series was introduced. I suppose this represents the company's faith in its product. These are the facts as documented not opinions as imagined.
    Last edited by water solutions; 05-11-2012 at 02:07 AM.

I don't see any of that in their warranty either. Rather than muck up threads with his hatred for kinetico and Culligan products, perhaps Gary should get Terry to let him post his rants on a sticky and be done with it.

DIYer, not in the trades LLigetfa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by F6Hawk View Post
    Gary, not sure if IO would do much for the pipes, unless it was run thru for weeks (see below). I'll be able to tell more after I cut open the piping and see how clogged they are...
    That bold part says you don't know how to do it, yet I have done it a number of times and here you are saying it can't be done and won't work...
    I really would like to see step-by-step instructions and maybe some pictures of the results because IMHO, Gary is giving bad advice. Gary, I took your advice and ran a IO through the pipes before the iron filter and saw no improvement. When I cut open the pipe, it was still constricted down to the size of a pencil. I ended up running a snake through the pipe to open it back up.

Super Iron Out® may be fine to remove a thin film of iron stain but no way can I see it removing a 1/4" thick build-up. When I replaced the AVC on my precipitation tank, I tried cleaning the old one with IO and it did nothing. I ended up soaking it in a cocktail of IO and Zolvex® overnight to clean it.