(206) 949-5683, Top Rated Plumber, Seattle
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Super Moon tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    Thank you Bob. Well, I could but then, I would have to cut down one of those trees, too. It is sizeable and in good shape, and the birds love these trees. I could do 6 inches without cutting it, it would be close though. I don't know what it is with these neighbors, but, they got to squeeze every last inch out of their property and its useage. He has more than enough room, we all do really, he has planted so many apple trees he has a small orchard. I like this guy, but, really wish he wouldn't had done that. Plus, he makes poison meatballs, and distributes them around his house, he hates animals, and cats, so mine never goes out. This is why, I love my camp. No one is around me. Except for bears, snakes, mice, and I don't mind those. But anyways, my backyard is the Allegheny Forest and, on the sides is enough land no one bothers me. I even got a stream, and glacier rocks, which I sunbathe on and share with a snake. He sunbathes on one side, I on the other.

I enjoy the life I fought to keep, and others should enjoy the life they have.
    Maybe somebody you know will use his meatballs as an ingredient for a nice lasagna for him. Not you of course, just sayin'.

You could always have your fence made with a little jog in it to go around that tree. I know what you mean about neighbors; I have 5 neighbors surrounding my back yard, and they all find it necessary to put all their crap in the far pack of their properties. I spent 5 grand in Feb to replace my fence with new Cedar dog eared pickets and if they pile their junk against this one they will hear from me. I get along with them all, but they just have no brains or common decency it seems. One even had brackets installed on my old fence to hang up his surf board and sheet metal bending brake from. Aargh! I had the fence guys carefully place his stuff on something else so they would not get damaged
    Last edited by BobL43; 05-08-2012 at 03:53 AM.
    I am definitely not a pro plumber, but I am a pro crastinator

I hope he won't go back and put those brackets on your fence, that would be ashame. That would be very nervy of him to say the least. Sometimes, like Rodney Dangerfield said, " I get no respect." I think, when I am ready to fence in that area with the neighbor with the shed, I will either not fence in the shed, or leave it out as much as possible. He was a good friend to us, especially, my husband. I like this guy. He can be funny. We used to have our gardens close together and we were novices at gardening back then, and grew our spaghetti squash to be way too big, it got really seedy, but, we didn't know. This one day I was in the garden, and I asked him, if he wanted some squash, and, then, we just had an 8 foot high deer guard as a fence, and, I was going to walk some out to him, but, he insisted I just " toss it." Well, I did, and it hit him right between the eyes. He was laughing about it, even though he probably was seeing stars. He's been a good neighbor and he loved my husband. Every Sunday, he would pace back & forth in front of our house, looking in the door, he would never come in, he wanted what I call, my husband to come out and play. Together they would sit on the landscaped timbers and shoot the breeze. This was every Sunday for years. He is at least 20 years older than us. I would tell my husband if I saw him outside, his friend was calling on him, lol. I don't care, I will move my fence so he can have the room, or not landlock him at all. He's a good buddy. He's worth it.
    Last edited by Cookie; 05-07-2012 at 04:17 PM.

I tried to be a nice guy by planting some Palm trees 10 feet inside of my property line, so they would not hang over on the neighbors property.

I went out and found the neighbor Drilling Fence Post holes in line with my trees. He thought the trees were on the property line.

I had to get my metal detector out and show him where the property line was. His eyes got real big.

Now he has to fill in the holes on my property, and drill new holes by hand too move his fence over 10 feet.

Cookie you may want to check your local building codes.
    Around here you can not build on a property line, and any overhang has to be within the property line.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

Quote Originally Posted by DonL View Post
    Make sure you check out the Super Moon tonight.

It will very close to the earth and you may be able to see the American flag.

The Man on the Moon will be waving.

Enjoy Howling.
    Wow, we had a clear night here Sunday. I saw the American flag, and there was a tag on it that says "made in China" somebody been up there since we were?

And the man in the Moon? he had a scowl on his face. Must be from all that political BS on the forthcoming election in November here and what's going on all over the World. Maybe the Mayans really did know something?

Yep, I checked with the commissioners here a couple weeks ago. Anything, can be built directly on the prop line, usually, I was told, most people will leave enough of wiggle room, 6 inches, he said, so, they can fix the backside. 6 inches? You got to be mightly skinny to wiggle into that. I was outside yesterday with a friend, on my deck and, he asked me, who all the people are in my yard, LOL. The lady down back was there with her workers, the neighbor on the side was out in the back of his shed, I had 5 people in my yard, lol. We sat and watched them, and he said, " I would move if I were you."

I would like to do alot of things.

Your neighbor sounds about as nuts as mine. How awful, he was going to cause an easement by his overhang of the trees.

Come to think of it, I missed a golden opportunity to make some $ in my own backyard, I should had charged trespassing fees.
    Oh, God, Don, I just thought of something, I should film it, put it on utube, stating, " this is my yard, who are these people?" It would go viral. Especially, when the one neighbor with the shed, brings his 4 little grandkids down. They run about, lol. Pick my flowers, and have a great time.
    Last edited by Cookie; 05-08-2012 at 08:18 AM.

Yep, I checked with the commissioners here a couple weeks ago. Anything, can be built directly on the prop line, usually, I was told, most people will leave enough of wiggle room, 6 inches, he said, so, they can fix the backside. 6 inches? You got to be mightly skinny to wiggle into that. I was outside yesterday with a friend, on my deck and, he asked me, who all the people are in my yard, LOL. The lady down back was there with her workers, the neighbor on the side was out in the back of his shed, I had 5 people in my yard, lol. We sat and watched them, and he said, " I would move if I were you."

I would like to do alot of things.

Your neighbor sounds about as nuts as mine. How awful, he was going to cause an easement by his overhang of the trees.

Come to think of it, I missed a golden opportunity to make some $ in my own backyard, I should had charged trespassing fees.
    Oh, God, Don, I just thought of something, I should film it, put it on utube, stating, " this is my yard, who are these people?" It would go viral. Especially, when the one neighbor with the shed, brings his 4 little grandkids down. They run about, lol. Pick my flowers, and have a great time.
    have him put his shed on wheels until its proper location can be decided

Yep, I checked with the commissioners here a couple weeks ago. Anything, can be built directly on the prop line, usually, I was told, most people will leave enough of wiggle room, 6 inches, he said, so, they can fix the backside. 6 inches?

A fence is different than a building.

Your commissioner does not need recommissioned.

Rent a bulldozer and fix it yourself.
    Theory only works perfect in a vacuum.

Cyber Security Protection for Windows C:\ > WWW.WinForce.Net

I used to temp there, long ago, and I showed his son a house or two in the past, so, we are familiar with each other. So, I just put in a call to him. I once temped at interesting places, one was the phone company! I actually, enjoyed temping at both these places. I don't know if I could drive a bulldozer, is it an automatic? I am lousy at driving a stick, I can't chew gum and walk at the same time. lol.

ha, it is firmly in the ground, for quite sometime now. When, I am ready, I will give him a break, not that I ever get one, lol, and, just give him the necessary space. Life is too short.