Sewage ejector system setup

Users who are viewing this thread

Cabin fever

Reaction score
Hi. I am new to the forum and am looking for some help on setting up a sewage ejector system. I have a cabin where the main drain is 80 feet from the septic tank. There is only a 5 inch drop between the two ends, thus I have to install the ejector system.

I am wondering where i should place the pump. Should I place it near the septic tank and have the drain pipe drain by gravity from the cabin to the pump? Or should the pump be placed near the cabin. My concern with placing it near the cabin is that the pump would have to push the sewage 80 feet to the septic tank. Also, when the pump is not running, will there be sewage remaining in the pipe? If so I'm afraid it will dry up and clog the pipe since the cabin is only used a few times out of the year.

Also, I am thinking about getting the liberty pro380 system. Does anyone have experience with this system? If you have another system that you think works better, please let me know.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Ballvalve

General Engineering Contractor
Reaction score
I would use a zoeller - go to many low cost and free ship sites. since you are in the 2nd chamber, the pump must be in a filter chamber and some outlet 'brushes' - filters would help.

Since the flow out is slow and clear, you might risk the 5" drop, done perfectly, and it should work without the pump. Leave the trench open all summer to observe and adjust it.

On edit, looks like you are pumping effluent. Use a 2" line out of your zoeller package system, and I dont see much problem with 3 or 5 months of non use. They are oil filled.

Last edited:

Cabin fever

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies.

Hackney plumbing--will the pump clog up if it's not use often? Do u have any suggestions/remedies?

Ballvalve-- I don't have a first chamber. The cabin wastes drain directly into the pump basin which is then pumped into the septic tank. Does this change your recommendation?

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
I have installed "long" four inch pipe, i.e., 600 foot long, sewer systems at 1/16" per foot grade, which is what you have. You just have to be precise with the installation because you do not have any tolerance for dips in the pipe.

Cabin fever

Reaction score
Hj--I'm afraid that since the cabin is not used daily the slow moving sewage on a 1/16" per foot grade might dry up and eventually clog the pipe. Do you think this could happen? Thanks.

Cabin fever

Reaction score
Not likely. Ideally, the sewage and the water should move as a single unit.

Does anyone know if there is an inline sewage pump that can help move sewage along in a nearly horizontal pipe? Thanks.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
That is the one thing you will NOT find, because there is no may to make it work. The pipe would have to ALWAYS be full of sewage for such a pump to function.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks