blue or white toilet

Users who are viewing this thread

oceanbowler

Reaction score
Ole blue finally gave out with a cracked tank after 36 years of dependable service. I'm trying to find something in the 700.00 or less range. Kohler makes 8 blue toilets and the Kelston model is the only one under 1K. The sink and tub are blue; however, the room really needs a renovation and I don't have any plans fixing it up. Toto gets such good reviews and I'm considering gettting one, but that would mean something other than blue since I didn't see blue as a color option. Not sure if white will look bad. I want a good flusher. Any opinions on the Kohler model?

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
Kohler toilets of today are not the Kohler toilets of 36 years ago. I would suggest you examine the various Toto models. Toto is the leader in modern toilet technology. Terry Love has a comprehensive description of the many choices available on the link, "Toilet Review" at the top of this page. From this link, follow "Shopping" then "Toto". Many Totos are manufactured in Morrow, GA. My persona opinion is to go with white. Pastels come and go, they are often hard to match, and tend to dictate the rest of your decor.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
If you go with Blue, the Kelston should be okay. I'm not liking it as much as the TOTO, but if you can buy blue, it will do.

Chefwong

Reaction score
Hi Ocean -

I share your pain.
I redid a bathroom all in Kohler Dark Navy Blue.
Just like my obsession for black cars.

Beautiful when clean, but look at it the wrong way, and every speck of dust just seems to get magnified ;-)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks