What is the BEST Dual Flush Toilet & Does it Compare to the Drake2?

Users who are viewing this thread

RogerPDX

Reaction score
I am still working on my beach cabin remodel, and naturally have not done the bathroom yet.

I've been out of the toilet-talk loop and wonder if anything has improved with the dual flush toilets.
Is there a dual flush toilet out there that is as good as the Drake 2, with the double cyclone, etc?

Thanks for your input!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
I like the Drake II and the Vespin II.
The Vespin is skirted like the Aquia but with CEFIONTECT. It's also a WaterSense bowl using 1.28 gallons.
There's nothing wrong with the Aquia though.

RogerPDX

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
I see the Aquia ll and Aquia lll on Toto's web page, but I don't see that they come in CEFIONTECT.
Do you know the difference between the ll & lll?

I know the Drake ll with CEFIONTECT is suppose to be a fantastic toilet, but I like the dual flush feature
providing that the dual flush works properly and doesn't need fussing with constantly. I have a limited
well at my cabin, so every flush is important. Flushing twice isn't an option. Should I even
think about these dual flush models, or just stick with the Drake ll?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
The dual flush is working fine. I've sold about 300 of them.

The CST416M is 15-1/8" high
The CST464MF and the CST412MF are 16-1/8" high

nickpunt

Reaction score
hey guys I hope I can get some help from you, this thread has been pretty helpful for me. I'm trying to get more ecofriendly with my home and I want to purchase a dual flush toilet and I have no clue what brands are more trusted than others. I've been looking around for reviews and what not but haven't found a whole lot that's been helpful. I found this site last night and I'm considering an american standard brand and not sure what model I want but anyways if you guys could give me some advice or suggestions on a better brand that would be great. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Suceress

Reaction score
hey guys I hope I can get some help from you, this thread has been pretty helpful for me. I'm trying to get more ecofriendly with my home and I want to purchase a dual flush toilet and I have no clue what brands are more trusted than others. I've been looking around for reviews and what not but haven't found a whole lot that's been helpful. I found this site last night and I'm considering an american standard brand and not sure what model I want but anyways if you guys could give me some advice or suggestions on a better brand that would be great. Thanks.
Check out https://terrylove.com/crtoilet.htm
There is a description of different types of toilets as well as ratings and prices. Most of the toilets listed have links to forum discussions about those toilets.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score

Toto Aquia. The founder of our site indicates that he has sold hundreds of them, with almost no returns, meaning that they are one of his most-liked toilets. When you buy Toto, you get great quality and reliability in the product, not something that can always be said about American Standard these days.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks