Rayne RXD 1500-D System will not draw brine water

Users who are viewing this thread

rfussell

Reaction score
I have a Rayne RXD 1500D System and while I was on vacation the system ran out of salt and now it will not draw the brine water. I cleased out the brine take and check the float valve and everything seems to work properly. I removed the injector screen and cleaned it but it still won't draw the brine water. It fills water in the brine tank so I know the line is not clogged. Could my injector or brine valve be stuck??? Any help would be appreicated.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
The RXD1500 is a modified 5000 ProFlo valve by Fleck. it is a great system and should last for many years. How old is the control valve? Brine draw issues are usually either worn internals, or a clogged drain line. There can be many more causes, but start with these. If you put the system in brine draw and remove the brine line from the valve, you should here and feel suction. If you have suction for 5 minutes, that would indicate a problem in the brine line or tank. A simple loose fitting or jammed brine valve safety float can be the problem. Check the drain water, make sure it is free flowing and the drain line is unobstructed, no kinks, etc. Start with those basics and let us know what you find.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks