overflow cover was pulled away from the tub wall but screw still very tight

Users who are viewing this thread

Belle

Reaction score
Hi my name is Isabel, It's my first time to this forum, I have problem with my almost 2 years installed acrylic bathtub. The installer covered the old bath tub from their custom made product. My problem now is the one screw overflow cover was pulled from the bathtub wall but the overflow cover screw is still attached and very tight can't tight anymore, the easy fix I did is to use clear bond to glue it to the tub wall.

Is there any professional suggestion you can give me?

I will appreciate it very much.

Thanks,
Isabel

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF the screw is the "only" problem, get a shorter screw or cut that one off. But, since what you describe should not happen, or even be possible, unless the rubber gasket behind the tub has disintegrated, you may have a bigger problem than you think.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks