Pex Repair

Users who are viewing this thread

freedom

Reaction score
I just recently bought my first house and I am new to this whole experience. Recently, I got a new vanity installed in my master bathroom and had it installed by a contractor. Due to the vanity being smaller than what was originally installed...the contractor cut a piece of sheet rock to move the pex pipe over. However, he made a tiny hole in the cold water pex while cutting. The contractor will be bringing back the plumber for repair.

My question for everyone...what is the RIGHT way to fix this pex? I am wanting to know to make sure it gets fixed right because this will be behind a wall. I do not want to wake up or come home and find a pond in my house :(. I am hoping there is a permanent fix because I have been worried since it happened.

Tom Sawyer

In the Trades
Reaction score
There is only one way to fix it and that's to cut it at the leak and put a coupling in

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks