Septic Tank Questions

Users who are viewing this thread

V

vaplumber

auntyzoom said:
House is on steep slope, with even steeper pump truck access and little turn around room for it ...and even if a truck could get to the house, it can't get either above, below or anywhere close to septic location.

Do I just wait until septic disaster strikes & maybe get a pump helicopter up here? Now there's a vision! :|

Just wondering... Thanks -
Susy

The sump pump is a joke as it only pumps out liquid while the sludge and solids keep piling up at the bottom of the tank. The liquids dont matter as this is what the drainfield puts into the ground. A sump pump can not pump the solids and sludge. We use to service a tank years ago that was over 500 feet from a point where we could drive out in a truck. We used a gasoline powered sewage pump at the tank and in series connected to our suction hose to pump the tank uphill so our truck could suck it. We only charged them a small added fee for using the sewage pump. I would advise you to maintain your tank more faithfully than most people because a failure could lead to your home being condemned and taken from you. If they cant get to the system to pump it, how will they get trucks and equipment down there to replace it when it clogs? If it were me, and I had an average family, I would have the tank pumped every other year. If you arent having any problems as of now, and if you maintain your system this way it should last as long as you will live and maybe longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

KennyDash

Reaction score
Add bacteria and forget about it. Do your own research on google and figure out what you can do tyo fix yourself. www.ridx.com (light treatment) www.newtechbio.com (heavy duty) roebic.com (light duty)

Forget how may people say otherwise and do your own research, I have not pumper in 15 years and my system is spotless.

best of luck

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks