Where/how to attaach safety cable on Well Seal?

Users who are viewing this thread

Xlr8tion

P.E. (Professional Engineer)
Reaction score
OK...I know you guys don't use safety cables/cable guides and etc.....

Hypothetically...where does the safety cable attach to the pump and how do you attach it to the bottom of the well seal(I have a 4" splt simmons).

I know these can fall back into the pump; but if my South Carolina installer drops the pump its gone in a 1000' foot deep aquifer and Johnny Reb-neck is not gonna do anything except say "whoops"..

Thanks...FWIW the pump(Grundfos 16 GPM two wire 1.5 HP 230 V) is going in tomorrow.

Thanks......

Greg

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
Bump to the top....

Somebody help a brother out..LOL....

Pump guy arriving in 6 hours...

Thanks!

Greg

Xlr8tion

Reaction score
What about at the Well seal? Oh..and is 3M Temflex ggod for taping 2 Drop pipe?

Thanks.....I don't know folks just don't use high quality zip ties? Seems more resilient than rubber tape.

Greg

PS...I am putting a 1.25x3" 316 SS nipple into the top of the pump so they don't overthread the SCH 80 PVC into the pumps Check valve. I am using a 316 coupling from the nipple to the drop pipe to eliminate an dielectric corrosion. All SCH 80 dp will use 316 SS couplings as this is a potable H20 supply and the galvanized steel ones I saw were of horrible cast quality(Made in China)

Last edited:

Smooky

In the Trades
Reaction score
The rope is extra and may not be needed. Many pumps do not have a rope attached. The wire and the water pipe are used to hold the pump. The rope does help with lowering the pump in the well if you are doing it by hand, the pump is going to be set deep and it's heavy. You can tie the rope to a tree if needed to take a break etc. Once the pump is in place the rope is loose. It comes up out through a hole etc and tie it to the casing etc so it does not fall in.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks