Pressure

Users who are viewing this thread

kingpin

Reaction score
Have a submersable jet pump. Noticed the pump kicking on and off. Drained system and found no air in bladder -(well-x-trol-wx-202). Charged (28psi) still could not get above 40 psi. Changed gage. Same results. tried adjusting pressure switch-No change-changed pressure switch-no change. I would appreciate any ideas- I am not sure what is in the well(pump-size etc) it is about 60 feet from house and 100' deep. The old and new pressure switch was a 30-50psi. When pump shuts off the pressure holds but just can't see to get it to 50#.

Last edited:

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Have a submersable jet pump...
I have never heard of such a thing so perhaps you could clarify. If it truly is a jet pump and it is the jet that's submersed, perhaps the jet is clogged.

If there is more than one checkvalve in the system, it could be masking a leak in the pipe.

kingpin

Reaction score
I guess I cant say it is a jet pump but it is submerged. As i saifd I am not very familiar with water pump systems. I dont know for sure but if it was a check valve wouldnt it lose pressure?

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
Most submersible pumps will have a checkvalve built into it. Some may have an external checkvalve connected to the pump with a short nipple. Some pumpmen have been known to add additional checkvalves in the line. If you have a leak between the pump and a checkvalve, the pump cannot get up to pressure, yet the pressure will hold, masking the leak.

Masterpumpman

In the Trades
Reaction score
Website
www.dci-inc.us
If it's truly a submersible pump the whole pump is in the well and if it won't build to 50# you have a pump problem. If it's an above ground jet pump with the jet in the well, the nozzle in the jet assembly is plugged with debris. In that case you'll have to remove the jet (injector assembly) from the well and clean out the 1/4" nozzle.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks