Flushometer Sloan Gem-2 - Help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

NewYork

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Sloan Gem-2 and when i push the handle down to flush it slowly fills the bowl with water but dosnt flush.
If I pull the handle up and hold it for a couple seconds it fully flushes and its also dripping some water from the handle at that time.

I was thinking I had to put in a new handle assembly kit but im not sure, nor do i know if its easy or not.

Im having some doubt its the full handle assembly kit and not just a new seal to stop the leak and a tweak of something because of the following, A while back I had a similar problem with the handle not flushing and the maintenance worker in my building happened to be in my apt. for some other repair and I told him the toilet problem and all he did was adjust something with his basic tool to solve the problem for a couple of years. (No new parts were installed that i know of) Im not sure exactly what he did because I wasnt watching nor did I ask at the time.

Ive never worked on a toilet before nor any other plumbing but Im trying to learn how to repair my own fixtures.

Thanks for reading and for any help provided.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks